Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2010, 06:29 PM

3 posts, read 5,686 times

Advertisements

I am thinking about moving to Colorado from Houston in about six months. I am trying to decide between Colorado Springs and Denver. I am a 23 year old male so I certainly want a good social life. Although my upbringing was conservative, I find myself becoming more liberal every day, not sure why. I like that Denver has all the sports teams and is a good sized city. Colorado Springs would be closer to Texas though, which I will obviously be making trips back home. Just wanted to hear insight from locals. Thanks for your help. And I enjoyed weather in a relatively cold Lubbock city, so will Colorado be that huge of a change as far as the cold. It snowed 10 times a year there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2010, 07:27 PM

26,220 posts, read 49,066,237 times
1. Colorado Springs is closer to TX by just 90 minutes, not worth considering.

2. Denver is noted for having way too many men and way too few women in the prime socializing demographic.

3. Denver is the more liberal of the two.

4. Weather changes will be minimal for you; the air here is very dry.

5. You didn't state any reason why you're only considering these two cities, as there are so many other cities to choose from. DC is crawling with intelligent, educated, liberal women, and I hear Boston is too.

6. What sort of work would you be doing?
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 09-03-2010, 11:01 PM

Thank you for the info. I work for a paint company and would be able to transfer. I do not make a lot of money so sometimes I rule cities out based on that. I would prefer moving somewhere I have been before. Although I was younger, I have been to both Colorado Springs and Denver before. I have considered California, although it seems too expensive for me. I figure if you find a roommate you could work it out most places though. Also considered Oregon because my uncle said he enjoyed it there, although since I have never been there I probably wouldn't.

Old 09-04-2010, 11:02 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,010,074 times
If you can afford it, you'd probably be more interested/satisfied with Denver. For a single guy Denver probably is closer to what you're looking for. Colorado Springs is a fantastic city, one that I have on my short list of eventual destinations to settle in. But I'm married, have kids, and am a few years older than you, so that should give you some perspective. Colorado Springs may be a better option when you've added a wife and kids! I could see a single 23 year old being board there.

PS: regarding your "growing more liberal every day", just remember the wise words of Winston Churchill, "If you're not a liberal at 25, you don't have a heart, if you're not a conservative at 35, you don't have a head." Don't stray too far, my friend.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:27 PM

Thank you for the good advice. That is a good quote. Mainly want to move because the weather in Houston is unbearably hot for me. When I mention moving and where to friends and family I am often struck with the, "well you know it is cold there, right?" My typical answer is normally, you know its incredibly hot here, right? I don't know how many of you have visited Houston, great city but I can honestly remember sweating outside on Christmas in recent years, not exactly my cup of tea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado