Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2016, 10:27 PM

1,710 posts, read 1,462,166 times

Advertisements

I just read a sports article that the Greeley/Evans school district won't allow students to wear Peyton Maning Jerseys #18 because of gang paraphernalia.

Wife has a teacher friend and Greeley and she says its a nightmare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2016, 08:04 AM

1,778 posts, read 2,883,210 times
Years ago while working in Old Englewood, we could tell when a cold front was moving in from the north. You could smell the stockyards up near Greeley. Then you knew we were in for a big one! I've got nothing against the town though.

Old 02-20-2016, 10:11 PM

56 posts, read 92,412 times
These posts do not inspire confidence. My daughter is planning on going to UNC next year. She didn't like either CU or CSU (too big, not diverse, etc) but really likes UNC. Thoughts about the college? Is it sheltered enough from these so-called "bad" parts of the Greeley experience, minus the smell which won't bother her bc she is used to rural America and their smells?

Thanks!

Old 02-21-2016, 05:44 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,745,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar54 View Post
Years ago while working in Old Englewood, we could tell when a cold front was moving in from the north. You could smell the stockyards up near Greeley. Then you knew we were in for a big one! I've got nothing against the town though.
Do you not realize that outside of Denver/Boulder and Colorado Springs most of the front range has stockyards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC123 View Post
These posts do not inspire confidence. My daughter is planning on going to UNC next year. She didn't like either CU or CSU (too big, not diverse, etc) but really likes UNC. Thoughts about the college? Is it sheltered enough from these so-called "bad" parts of the Greeley experience, minus the smell which won't bother her bc she is used to rural America and their smells?

Thanks!
She should be fine, thousands of students show up in Greeley every fall and have no problem with the bad people in town. The area with the problems is actually very limited and the campus area in my experience is actually very safe.

Old 02-21-2016, 06:16 AM

958 posts, read 1,146,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC123 View Post

Thanks!
yeah, dont worry about it. Many much less safe places to attend college. UNC is one of the best deals you'll find for college.

Old 02-22-2016, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boulder2015 View Post
yeah, dont worry about it. Many much less safe places to attend college. UNC is one of the best deals you'll find for college.
It seems like a great place. More affordable, smaller campus, more professor-student interaction, great housing. It seems to be considered "lesser" than CU and CSU but I honestly don't understand why. Thanks for the encouraging comment!

Old 02-22-2016, 09:54 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,938,286 times
Quote:
Well as the saying goes you get what you pay for.

Old 02-24-2016, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Well as the saying goes you get what you pay for.
Not true in the case of unc. Has been rated one of the best deals for college in america in recent years. And yes program by program cu boulder and csu are stronger schools and probably have some attitude about this. Who cares? Get your degree, get a job, move on. Thats what the unc folks i know have done. Not everybody can afford the big schools.

Old 02-24-2016, 04:06 PM

And by "deals" i dont mean that its just cheap. Its cheap in relations to the hiring rates and salaries of grads. Sorry i can see that wasnt very clear.

Old 02-25-2016, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Not true in the case of unc. Has been rated one of the best deals for college in america in recent years. And yes program by program cu boulder and csu are stronger schools and probably have some attitude about this. Who cares? Get your degree, get a job, move on. Thats what the unc folks i know have done. Not everybody can afford the big schools.

My daughter isn't interested in the party culture at CU. So maybe they have stronger programs in certain things but they also have a culture that isn't desirable to every student. The majority of kids going to CU from her HS want a party school. Clearly those dollars are going to be well-spent in the pursuit of education. :/

So really "you get what you pay for?" No thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area