Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2008, 12:19 PM

3 posts, read 18,742 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to the Salida area from Indiana in May and am looking for a place to board my horse. I'll be living in Poncha Springs so would like something that is fairly close. He doesn't need anything fancy though he is currently used to being in a stall for most of the day. He is an easy keeper, super laid back Quarter horse gelding, up to date on vaccines and deworming. If anyone knows of a place, please let me know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2008, 01:09 AM

5 posts, read 16,020 times
Default horse boarding

There are a couple of places around that have stables. Most horse people out here have them out in pasture with sheds or leantos.

The first one is Dolittle ranch they are kind of expensive. salida

Goodnightridingschool.com owner/trainer Julie Goodnight-poncha springs
Victory Hill training center poncha springs co

Bedding down bed and breakfast-poncha springs-very reasonable prices with full turnout and stalls I hope that this helps you out.

Old 05-15-2008, 06:10 AM

Thanks - I contacted Victory hill training center and they have space for him so that's where we are going to start at least. Things may get moved around once I know the area a little better.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:16 PM

1 posts, read 6,243 times
What did you find out about Dolittle Ranch? I am moving to the area the end of this month and have a horse to board. I did look at Victory Hill in March when I was here but am still hoping to find a closed stall and a little bigger indoor arena. How do you contact them and how much more were they than Victory Hill? Did they have instruction?

Old 05-30-2008, 10:52 AM

I didn't contact Dolittle Ranch so I don't know much about them - I have driven by the farm and from the outside it appears to be nice but that's pretty much all I know. I ended up boarding my horse at Victory Hill and I've been pretty happy so far as they are fairly close to were I live and they have been really nice.

I have also driven past the Goodnight stables and again from the outside they appear to be fairly nice but I haven't talked to them.

Good luck with your search.

Old 06-01-2008, 02:47 PM

1 posts, read 6,214 times
Hi,
I am looking for an inexpensive pasture with a lean-to for 2 horses to board in or near Salida. Do you have any idea who to contact?
I also wanted to contact Doolittle Stables, but I am unsure of how to contact them, any # or e-mail address?
I live here in Salida
Thanks...

Old 06-01-2008, 08:43 PM

1,082 posts, read 4,716,521 times
The Chamber of Commerce or Board of County Commissioners would be happy to help.

Old 02-16-2010, 03:23 PM

1 posts, read 4,932 times
Default I'm here to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsevision View Post
Hi,
I am looking for an inexpensive pasture with a lean-to for 2 horses to board in or near Salida. Do you have any idea who to contact?
I also wanted to contact Doolittle Stables, but I am unsure of how to contact them, any # or e-mail address?
I live here in Salida
Thanks...

Did you ever find a boarding facility. I work at Doolittle Ranch and would be happy to give you information.

Old 06-08-2010, 09:56 PM

1 posts, read 4,539 times
Default great place to board

Saw your post and just wanted to let u know that there is a great place to board right in Poncha. The name of the ranch is Salida Ranch, has a huge indoor, many stalls, great turn out. I have my horses there and I dont have one bad thing to say about the place. Rates depends on exactly what u want. The trails out there are endless also............check it out. Bill Miller Salida Ranch is he place, here is his number 719-530-1872.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado