Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2012, 04:38 PM

2 posts, read 2,650 times

Advertisements

I've seen several people post on here about moving to the Columbia area and trying to find a home.
For those looking to purchase I strongly recommend new home construction. The market in the Columbia area is very competitive which means builders are battling for the best product, best price and a happier customer.

Great features such as moldings, hardwood flooring, granite, 42" cabinets, large owner's suites, fireplaces, etc - PLUS a warranty (always as a builder what type of warranty they have - if it's not a 2-10... don't bother)- PLUS more energy efficient than older homes.

Brick is still very costly but brick fronts are very popular way to get the look you want without breaking the bank. I would shy away from vinyl siding though, hardiplank is a much better product. Hardiplank is a fiber-glass cement combo which is almost as durable as brick, can withstand the tolls of mother nature and can be painted or pressure washed if needed.

Personally, I believe builders should all offer fully sodded yards, but surprisingly a lot don't. South Carolina weather is unique - and having to wait and hope that some seeds (some don't even do that ) will grow just seems unnecessary.

If anyone has any questions about new home construction in the Columbia area please let me know, I would love to help.

-KS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 11:41 AM

25 posts, read 34,547 times
I would love to know how a company, such as Crown, can come into an existing neighborhood where homes are custom built in the $300-$500K range and build an inferior product? I'm speaking of Ashley Oaks by the way.

Old 09-08-2012, 11:53 AM

2 posts, read 2,650 times
Good Afternoon!

Thank you for posting! I am actually an agent for Crown at Ashley Oaks - I would love it if you stopped by the model - we are open from 11-7 and I could show you around and show you what a great product we are building- in terms of quality construction, features and style. Homes are currently selling in the mid to high $300's.

I look forward to meeting with you!

Old 09-09-2012, 05:52 PM

4,280 posts, read 12,673,474 times
Kim

I believe your advertising on this chat violates Terms Of Service here.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:15 AM

No thank you, as a resident of Ashley Oaks I have no interest in seeing the inside of the poorly constructed home that is an eyesore in the front of our neighborhood. Ashley Oak is NOT a Crown Community. Buyers beware. Notice all of the custom built homes have side facing garages with plenty of trees on their lots and are ALL brick. Crown homes have brick faces only, very short driveways with front facing garages, and most of the trees on the lots have been ripped down to build these matchstick homes.

And yes, their advertising is a violation of the terms and services of this site.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:04 PM

343 posts, read 1,046,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by accufitgolf View Post
Kim

I believe your advertising on this chat violates Terms Of Service here.
I've flagged it a couple times, apparently the moderators don't care.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:14 AM

Let's all have a look at the destruction Crown Homes has done to such a beautiful neighborhood...

Crown Communities - Mud Flood II - video 1 of 4 (June 11, 2012) - YouTube

Crown Communities - Mud Flood II - video 2 of 4 (Breaching 2 Silt Fences) - YouTube

Crown Communities - Mud Flood II - video 3 of 4 (East Sugarberry Ct) - YouTube

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?...feature=relmfu

Old 09-22-2012, 02:25 AM

5 posts, read 4,769 times
Just get used to it. Columbia was never planned or annexed in a correct manner and this stuff happens all the time. The value of your house is probably not going to decline anymore than it already has. Why don't you buy your own land and build your own house if your worried about these problems?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area