Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2012, 08:21 PM

21 posts, read 47,942 times

Advertisements

Is anyone here a member of the Capitol City Club or know any members? Or has anyone heard anything about it? I came across the website online but couldn't find many reviews... Interested to hear more about this and any other clubs like it in the area...

Thanks for any information you can provide (even if it's just your local perspective with regards to its reputation, etc)!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2012, 08:51 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,559,772 times
I've been up there several times, but I'm not a member. I do know a couple of members, though. It's at the top of Capital Center and has a great view.

Old 09-20-2012, 05:08 AM

12,891 posts, read 18,744,346 times
I can't resist. It's the Capital City Club, not the Capitol City Club. In case this is anyone's chance to learn the difference once and for all, a capitol is a building. While the Capital City Club affords a beautiful view of the capitol, the "Capital" in its name refers to the fact that it is in the capital city.

Old 09-20-2012, 05:46 AM

waccamatt - Thanks for the input. Aside from the view, is it nice? Did there seem to be a lot of great people there? Did you enjoy it?

Columbiadata - My apologies on the misspelling.

Old 09-20-2012, 06:25 AM

1,066 posts, read 2,264,361 times
Capital City Club is a great place for dining, especially if you work close enough to utilize it regularly. They have a strong kitchen and competent staff and handle all their members needs quite well. It is part of Clubcorp so you get reciprocal privileges at other clubs along with your membership. The only problem with that is there are no other Clubcorp facilities in town (the closest is in Aiken) that you could utilize.

Another option in town is the Palmetto Club http://palmettoclub.org/. They are part of a local network of clubs that gives you access to golf and dining at several different locations around the city. I am not a member of either club but have dined in them both and they each deliver a great dining experience.

Old 09-20-2012, 07:13 AM

4,281 posts, read 12,664,964 times
ClubCorp was formerly Country Clubs of America (CCA). It might have changed but the way it worked but when I was a member, you became a member of one of their clubs. The initation, dues, etc. were dependent on the club you joined. It was referred to as Your Home Club. For a small additional monthly charge, you had usage and charging privileges and other benefits at all their clubs. Like not paying greens fees at one of their golf clubs if you belonged to another one of their golf clubs.

There was a little catch about clubs located within 100 miles of your home but I forget how that worked.

Many I know that traveled a good bit thought it was a great deal especially the access to free golf. Some I know based their vacations on areas where there were clubs they could use. Others liked the access to private clubs like the Capital City Club, The Harbour Club in Charleston to name a few.

Once I stopped traveling, it became of little use to me. I stayed a member at My Home Club but I dropped the additional monthly fee for other club usage.

I am not sure how they presently operate so do not take what I say as the way it is. Check for yourself.

Hope this helps.

Old 09-20-2012, 03:10 PM

Thanks for the feedback, LexingtonDad and accufitgolf! I definitely appreciate it

Old 09-20-2012, 05:17 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,559,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConsideringSC View Post
waccamatt - Thanks for the input. Aside from the view, is it nice? Did there seem to be a lot of great people there? Did you enjoy it?

Columbiadata - My apologies on the misspelling.
I did enjoy it, though it was probably a little more formal/stiff atmosphere than I prefer. I think the Palmetto Club is similar.

Old 09-21-2012, 07:30 AM

Thanks for the additional insight, waccamatt... Perhaps it will be best to visit both in person and see how they feel - that's great feedback!

Old 09-21-2012, 03:02 PM

4,281 posts, read 12,664,964 times
They are upmarket, wear a jacket and tie places. They are not a burger, beer, and hat on backwards places of which there are enough of already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area