Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 11:31 PM

147 posts, read 232,969 times

Advertisements

I spent a few minutes browsing Books-A-Million on Saturday night -- their final night of business -- and I was informed by several employees that they'd received word the store would be re-opening in Peachtree Mall. One of them said all they knew is that it should be "near Macy's." Can anyone verify this piece of information and/or elaborate on BAM's plans?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2011, 05:30 AM

5,616 posts, read 8,655,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog23 View Post
I spent a few minutes browsing Books-A-Million on Saturday night -- their final night of business -- and I was informed by several employees that they'd received word the store would be re-opening in Peachtree Mall. One of them said all they knew is that it should be "near Macy's." Can anyone verify this piece of information and/or elaborate on BAM's plans?
That would be great news. I haven't heard anything around that but it wouldn't surprise me. I check around and see.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:32 AM

4 posts, read 10,170 times
That would be great news!

Old 05-09-2011, 05:46 PM

Has anyone heard any new information on the move? Also, I was just wondering this to myself: where in the mall is there a big enough retail space for them to relocate to? Unless FYE is closing soon or they take the space formerly home to Parisian's, there aren't really any other spaces big enough for a bookstore (IMO)...

Old 05-09-2011, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Has anyone heard any new information on the move? Also, I was just wondering this to myself: where in the mall is there a big enough retail space for them to relocate to? Unless FYE is closing soon or they take the space formerly home to Parisian's, there aren't really any other spaces big enough for a bookstore (IMO)...
I haven't heard about them moving there. Not sure exactly where they would go to be honest.

Old 05-09-2011, 09:29 PM

A few days after BAM closed the original location, I drove by the strip center and saw a saw a sign posted on the door stating that they were searching for a new location. So maybe the store clerks had simply received bad intel on that last night... ?

Old 05-23-2011, 09:04 PM

I was just in the mall earlier today, and there are letters pasted on the window of the old A&F store that spell out: "Coming Soon - Buckle and Books-A-Million." So it looks like a downsized Books-A-Million store will soon be occupying the former A&F space.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:41 PM

150 posts, read 395,375 times
Quote:
I was just in the mall earlier today, and there are letters pasted on the window of the old A&F store that spell out: "Coming Soon - Buckle and Books-A-Million." So it looks like a downsized Books-A-Million store will soon be occupying the former A&F space.
Hope they are not occupying the same store? Cannot imagine where BAM would go unless it is going to be very small. Both good stores though, and BAM will likely a better group of buyers than what other stores are doing now

Old 05-24-2011, 12:22 PM

4,036 posts, read 9,245,859 times
That's great news. I'm not surprised since the mall doesn't have a bookstore anymore what with Waldenbooks closed. I always thought it was odd that Montgomery and Macon had a Buckle and not C-town. So glad to hear that they're coming to the mall. Of course now I've kinda outgrown that store just not my style. We still have A & F here in VA but I have to say that store is just too expensive. Why not just shop at Hollister?

Old 05-30-2011, 07:43 AM

BAM will moving next to Macy's. Interesting to hear in the LE today that the mall manager's goal is to get a Cheesecake Factory here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA