Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2016, 11:55 AM

8 posts, read 9,531 times

Advertisements

so, wife and I just moved to columbus and are looking at buying a home, and need some help on location

-she works at osu, i'll be downtown
-we want affordable housing (under 140k)
-we've looked at northgate/easton area and just started looking at westgate

so, from what we've read:
-westgate is nice, but surrounding areas can be shady (we moved from houston, tx)
-westgate seems like it's really community-oriented/centered, which we would prefer
-northgate/easton seems like a nicer area, but not as community oriented

any other thoughts? really dont want to live in the suburbs, lol. Basically, we are leaning westgate, but the area is a holdup
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2016, 04:06 PM

2 posts, read 1,446 times
Smile New to westgate

just wanted to leave a quick response before i post for advice of my own! My husband and i (young 30 somethings with a baby) are both originally from here but i personally have moved around quite a bit. We always have lived in popular downtown neighborhoods until having the little one and wanted to find a way to get into a nice community without breaking the bank or compromising completely the lifestyle that we were used to... We have done tireless research and were not even entirely aware of westgate and now i am happy to say we are in contract! if you are in town already, drive around..... it will sell itself.

I dont know how it operates where you are from in Texas, but columbus can be funny in the way that it can go from hero to zero in a matter of blocks
i moved here from atlanta and that initially bothered me but some of the most "hip" neighborhoods here are much more extreme in that way than westgate and you just kind of get used to that being the case and forget

they also have a lot of plans to put money in the surrounding area to help with that issue, and have reinstated the bike cop system as well as other improvements
-i say this about the surrounding shadier areas, westgate is beautiful and safe.... but just like any other part of town is surrounded by some not so great areas

Hope this is helpful!
Erica
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus