Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 09:11 PM

36 posts, read 49,203 times

Advertisements

I've heard Columbus Traffic can get pretty bad during rush hour. I've been looking around the worthington/westerville area and well as the Gahanna area. I'm 25, and not looking to buy a home, just rent. probably an apartment. I've never lived Columbus so any advice is help.. Thanks

Also how is Minerva Park? After some research i'm unsure on whether to consider that area or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2015, 10:35 AM

688 posts, read 1,117,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhrrs89 View Post
I've heard Columbus Traffic can get pretty bad during rush hour. I've been looking around the worthington/westerville area and well as the Gahanna area. I'm 25, and not looking to buy a home, just rent. probably an apartment. I've never lived Columbus so any advice is help.. Thanks

Also how is Minerva Park? After some research i'm unsure on whether to consider that area or not.
Plenty of apartments have gone up in New Albany within the last couple years. Take a look off of Thompson and see if those fit within your budget.

Old 02-15-2015, 01:06 PM

I glanced at apartments.comand forrent.com and they're all outta my price range. Im fresh outta college, this is entry level, so I don't want to spend more than 600 a month for a 1 bedroom place somewhere.

Old 02-15-2015, 05:21 PM

80 posts, read 142,259 times
Hit craigslist... I would think you could find something...

Reynolsburg New Albany Road and Broad st.. Few different complexes

Check Blacklick
Reynoldsburg..

Google Little Turtle Apartments in Westerville

Old 02-16-2015, 09:36 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,063,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Da Beach View Post
Hit craigslist... I would think you could find something...

Reynolsburg New Albany Road and Broad st.. Few different complexes

Check Blacklick
Reynoldsburg..

Google Little Turtle Apartments in Westerville
Years ago, I lived in Little Turtle. Kind of an interesting complex. Pretty quiet, and I remember paying about $700 for a 2-floor townhome-style apartment. No idea what that would cost today, though.

Old 02-20-2015, 07:24 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,241,918 times
600 is definitely not doable anywhere in New Albany or around Easton...but definitely look down by Reynoldsburg/Pickerington areas...anything w/in a couple miles of 270 on the East side is going to get you up to New Albany fairly quickly. My 1st Columbus apartment after graduating OSU was on the Eastside off E Broad Street...called Wellington Woods...I commuted from there to New Albany for a job for awhile. It typically took 20-25 minutes.

Old 02-20-2015, 07:49 PM

3,551 posts, read 2,532,838 times
I found a couple of studios around Little Turtle for 600 on apartments.com. Your commute would be easy most of the traffic will be coming into Columbus you would be going out to New Albany. Other than that, theres some apartments along Schrock Rd in Westerville in the 625 range. Might be worth the extra money for the better area, as you go south or east of 270 the neighborhoods in general get worse, and rents go down.

Old 02-20-2015, 10:34 PM

417 posts, read 594,588 times
Be careful of the apartments in Columbus. They may seem inexpensive until you start paying utilities. I have a third party biller and the rate is about 40% higher than what it would be through AEP so you may spend a little less but make up for it in utilities.

Old 02-21-2015, 10:57 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,063,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy1 View Post
Be careful of the apartments in Columbus. They may seem inexpensive until you start paying utilities. I have a third party biller and the rate is about 40% higher than what it would be through AEP so you may spend a little less but make up for it in utilities.
Columbus residents pay a pretty low utility rate compared to the national average. I don't think your experience is typical.

Old 02-23-2015, 05:03 PM

ive found a bunch in the gahanna area in my price range. How is that area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus