Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2008, 03:46 PM

1 posts, read 3,741 times

Advertisements

I would grately appreciate your thoughts on my queries:
We have 5+ yr old son, currently attending KG. We will move to (JULY 1st) any one of the aforementioned place. Before, we finalize, would like to know more info about each city and best school district.
THANK YOU ALL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2008, 08:40 AM

310 posts, read 1,209,792 times
Default Move to Gahanna, Westerville, Gahanna

Try this link to Columbus Public Schools for more information on school districts.
Columbus City Schools -- Homepage

Old 05-21-2008, 03:22 PM

12 posts, read 36,970 times
I am originally from Gahanna and live in Westerville so I can give you the scoop. I personally prefer Westerville (which is why I live here). The housing is affordable, the taxes are low (compared to most suburbs around) and there is truely a community atmosphere. Gahanna is nice but they kind of have a east side west side thing going on and then all the kids go to one big high school. That makes it harder to get into sports and stuff because you are just one of many kids. Westerville is all mixed up with income levels but everywhere is nice. New Albany is unbelievably high priced houses and the houses must all look the same as part of their new zoning. IF you get an older house it would look different but you still get less house for the money and more taxes than anywhere else. Check out Westerville's parks and recreation department. THey are award winning and have an amazing catalog of activities. THe community pool has 7 pools and offers swimming lessons. All the streets here are tree lined and you can drive from one side of Westerville to the other in around 15 minutes which comes in handy when you are late for your kids' soccer games across town. Westerville has little league sports of every kind and lots of kids activities. Westerville is also 15 minutes from downtown (during non-rush hour times) and 15 minutes from the airport. It is also between the 2 major mall areas (Easton and Polaris) but doesn't get any of the traffic from any of these locations which is nice. Westerville has a website and you can connect to the parks and rec catalog from there using the "e-government" link at the top. Gahanna isn't bad it just doesn't offer as much. If you have a million dollars move to New Albany

Old 05-23-2008, 08:48 PM

310 posts, read 1,209,792 times
Default move to Westerville, New Albany

Here's another good website to research schools in your area.

GreatSchools.net

Old 06-20-2008, 08:12 AM

216 posts, read 627,928 times
you should totally check out the neighborhood "harrison pond" in gahanna school district/gahanna taxes with a New Albany mailing addy. Highpoint is one of the best elementary schools in the area. The h.s. isn't as great, but who really staying in one house for more than 5-8 years anyway? I live in HP, we have a wonderful community pool and beautiful homes. Neighbors are great! You can get a great house for 300-350k.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus