Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 08:54 AM

5 posts, read 23,990 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a doctor in Lancaster, OH area that prescribes Phentermine. I started it and it is working great but husband got transfered so we just moved here and i dont know of any doctors that do it here.. Help please if you know of any please hit me up here or email me mrslady7676@aol.com Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 09:08 AM

215 posts, read 545,039 times
Just curious wouldn't any doctor prescribe that if it is going to help the patient?!?!?!

Old 07-14-2009, 09:13 AM

Default reply

No unfortunalty some dont believe in any diet pill. Therfore ou have to find a doct that will

Old 07-14-2009, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnstonlancaster View Post
No unfortunalty some dont believe in any diet pill. Therfore ou have to find a doct that will
I see, sorry I can't think of anyway to find out. Hopefully someone else here knows someone that can help.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:21 AM

Cool Thanks

Thanks anyway!

Old 07-21-2009, 06:46 AM

1,657 posts, read 4,071,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGUY87 View Post
Just curious wouldn't any doctor prescribe that if it is going to help the patient?!?!?!
Because it is dangerous and addictive to use in the long term
(It stimulates the system, much the way cocaine does)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia
Phentermine, a contraction for "phenyl-tertiary-butylamine", is an appetite suppressant of the amphetamine and phenethylamine class.
It is approved as an appetite suppressant to help reduce weight in obese patients when used short-term and combined with exercise, diet, and behavioral modification
It's basically super fen-fen, the drug that was pulled off the market when athletes started falling down and dying for no apparent reason.

Quote:
Studies later proved that nearly 30% of people taking fenfluramine or dexfenfluramine had abnormal valve findings
Why wouldn't a doctor prescribe it? Because, if it's used long term it will very likely to kill you.

Quote:
Your best bet would be to find Micheal Jackson's doctor.

Old 07-29-2009, 06:19 AM

It is not super fen fen. It si also not just like coke. I have had both and can tell you first had they are not the same. Fen fen was two drugs and together they caused lots of problems. Phentermine is just one o those and by itself it doesnt have the same issue. Yes it can be addictive and is y it is not used long term by reputable doctors. It also can only be prescribed month to month. You have to come in to be charted on weight loss and they check out your vitals to make sure all is well. It isnt just some drug that you get and they dont watch you like some pain killers.... I appreciate your stance on the drug however you are not taking it so I am sure you know not what doctors prescribe it. There for there is no reason for us to even write to each other...
Thanks for all of your opinions.

Old 07-30-2009, 01:01 PM

1,657 posts, read 4,071,758 times
Funny, thought you asked.

But I was not talking to you
I was talking to OSUGuy, who was wondering why a doctor would not dispense it.

Old 07-30-2009, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzo View Post
Funny, thought you asked.

But I was not talking to you
I was talking to OSUGuy, who was wondering why a doctor would not dispense it.
Thanks for answering my question.

Old 08-02-2009, 01:02 PM

33 posts, read 172,272 times
Quote:
It is not super fen fen. It si also not just like coke. I have had both and can tell you first had they are not the same. Fen fen was two drugs and together they caused lots of problems. Phentermine is just one o those and by itself it doesnt have the same issue. Yes it can be addictive and is y it is not used long term by reputable doctors. It also can only be prescribed month to month. You have to come in to be charted on weight loss and they check out your vitals to make sure all is well. It isnt just some drug that you get and they dont watch you like some pain killers.... I appreciate your stance on the drug however you are not taking it so I am sure you know not what doctors prescribe it. There for there is no reason for us to even write to each other...
Thanks for all of your opinions.

So what you are asking is do we know of any quacks we can send you to?

That is a good one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus