Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2015, 09:19 PM

2,391 posts, read 5,053,715 times

Advertisements

Does anyone use this on their PC~? Is it possible that my laptop and desktop isn't compatible~? For some odd reason, it is not connecting and I can't obtain my documents from my laptop to my PC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2015, 09:47 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,213,773 times
https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-us/support/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~or~ Do the steps suggested by other users in this forum first to resolve your problem:

~ Upgrade to Windows 10 (you have a driver issue)...
~ Install and run Malware (you are infected)...
~ Restore from last weeks Microsofts System Restore (your OS is corrupt)...

^^^ I'm not serious but the posts were...

Old 08-25-2015, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-us/support/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~or~ Do the steps suggested by other users in this forum first to resolve your problem:

I'm not going to upgrade to Windows 10~! I like Windows 8 and it pretty much is a new computer, like less than 2 years old or so.

Old 08-25-2015, 02:51 PM

61,834 posts, read 87,292,973 times
I think OP is talking about One Drive cloud storage, not a faulty drive (hardware)
OneDrive is online storage. After you download your documents to OneDrive, you should be able to access them from other devices, even if something happens to your PC. You can go to the OneDrive website (https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-us/), or you can use one of the mobile apps for Android, iOS, or Windows Phone.

Try this:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...drive-tutorial

Last edited by elnina; 08-25-2015 at 03:04 PM..

Old 08-25-2015, 02:53 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,778,755 times
Veg,

Disregard the following unhelpful list. Just follow the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post

Old 08-25-2015, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I think OP is talking about One Drive cloud storage, not a faulty drive (hardware)
OneDrive is online storage. After you download your documents to OneDrive, you should be able to access them from other devices, even if something happens to your PC. You can go to the OneDrive website (https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-us/), or you can use one of the mobile apps for Android, iOS, or Windows Phone.

Try this:
Getting started with OneDrive - Windows tutorial

Thanks for your info, but I have already downloaded the One Drive a long time ago and I had to use a MS account in order to access it. That is probably how it works, but my log in account on my lap top is different from my log in from my desktop. What I mean is that I have to put my password on my lap top and I don't from my desktop. But my laptop has my "insightbb.com account on the screen when I first boot up....followed by a box for my password. And my desktop is linked to my twc.com account and I don't need a password to start like my laptop. I know insightbb.com has changed to twc.com, but I don't even know how to change that from the start screen.

Anyways, I have tried to go to setting to change stuff but I have another screen that pops up which is loginlive.com*-*loginlive Resources and Information.. There is no access to One Drive from there either. I have more problems than this, but this is maybe where the problem lies at. I was told from the Geek Squad a long time ago that both PCs have to be on at in order for One Drive to function. Some items have been able to be seen on both PCs, but not my recent ones....which is an issue now.

Old 08-25-2015, 11:14 PM

3,842 posts, read 8,276,599 times
I didn't even know you could download a onedrive application. That's a new one for me. I have used onedrive for about 2-3 years by accessing solely from the website https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-us/ If you use the website, it won't matter if you are on a laptop or desktop.

I don't like to download the cloud storage applications. I tried the google drive application for desktop and android, and it never kept in sync. Also it slowed my computer. I only use the google drive website as well as the onedrive website.

Old 08-26-2015, 09:42 AM

Question Update

Apparently, there is a problem with my laptop being able to download my documents to the One Drive. I had the Geek Squad to help me online (and I know of what some of y'all think about them ). But I saw what he did on my desktop and was able to get to the same site he had and I was able to transfer stuff to the One Drive, but for some odd reason it will not transfer anything that should appear here on my desktop. Does anyone know what the issues could be~?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers