Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2016, 01:50 PM

2,062 posts, read 2,550,100 times

Advertisements

My computer's battery has serious problems, it started about a month ago the computer simply shut off and would not turn back on for a few hours,and when it did turn back on it still says 0% charge it seems to be plugged in a charging but the percentage never goes any higher and stays at 0. I have tried to take the battery out and put it back in to reset it but it does not work I think I need a new computer battery . I do not know a good place to buy one.

I have seen computer batteries for sale on ebay but I read the cheaper ones could be bad or even dangerous and could possibly catch fire. I read I should pay more money for higher quality ones but then again I read even those have been known to cause problems. What do I do ? Where can I get a battery that is safe ? Should I simply take out the battery and use the laptop without it ? I can't take a chance that the battery could cause a fire. I feel scared to buy a battery now after reading those articles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2016, 01:53 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Many sites sell replacement batteries including amazon and more than likely the company of the brand of computer you have.
If you are so scared to use the computer with a replacement battery how were you able to use the computer with the original battery?
They are the same product if you get the same brand that originally came with the computer.

Old 04-16-2016, 02:26 PM

6,627 posts, read 7,346,527 times
Try Amazon

Old 04-16-2016, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Many sites sell replacement batteries including amazon and more than likely the company of the brand of computer you have.
If you are so scared to use the computer with a replacement battery how were you able to use the computer with the original battery?
They are the same product if you get the same brand that originally came with the computer.
I did not know about the issue until the battery went bad and I looked onlne for another one and read about this problem. How do I get the same exact computer battery ?

Old 04-16-2016, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm1cc View Post
Try Amazon
You trust them over ebay ? Is it true even reputable sellers can sometimes accidentally sell a cheap knockoff in disguise?

Also is it true that desktop computers and all in ones do not have the type of battery that is at risk?

Old 04-16-2016, 04:11 PM

7,519 posts, read 13,628,157 times
Have you tried the PC manufacturer's website for a factory replacement ? Here is Dell's:

Battery & Adapter Selector

Old 04-16-2016, 06:21 PM

10,926 posts, read 22,000,411 times
https://www.batteriesplus.com/

Most of the ones I bought there are Duracell brand. Stay away from the cheap chinese crap on ebay or amazon, unless you don't value your safety.

Old 04-16-2016, 06:31 PM

2,861 posts, read 3,851,677 times
I've bought a few over the years on Amazon with no problems. READ THE REVIEWS intelligently. Yes, some may be shills, so you must learn to be a discerning reader and use common sense.

If you can't do this, or are too afraid (of what, fire?), buy the factory replacement...and good luck.

BTW...it would help to provide the make and model of the computer and type of/size battery it has.

Old 04-16-2016, 07:48 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Just buy from the original manufacturer.

I've had too many buzzing power supplies and bulging batteries from third parties (including big names) to ever trust them.

Old 04-17-2016, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimazee View Post
I've bought a few over the years on Amazon with no problems. READ THE REVIEWS intelligently. Yes, some may be shills, so you must learn to be a discerning reader and use common sense.

If you can't do this, or are too afraid (of what, fire?), buy the factory replacement...and good luck.

BTW...it would help to provide the make and model of the computer and type of/size battery it has.

Yes afraid of it catching on fire. Where do I buy a factory replacement? The computer in question belongs to my daughter it is an Asus and the battery it needs is A31N1319.

I have been sharing her computer after my own died .I had a nice Hp when the thing overheated and died but that is another story. I have given up on that one. I will probably not buy another Hp because of the overheating issue I encountered with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers