Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2017, 10:30 PM

3,105 posts, read 2,009,900 times

Advertisements

Help!

I'm studying to take my state boards in 2-weeks (or 1-wk, as a slot just became available... as long as I can get properly prepared) & because the legal material I'm trying to memorize is so dry & dense, I decided today it would be far easier if I could record some of the more difficult info & stuck points, then burn a CD & play it throughout the day or while in the car.

I was hoping to find a free app on my laptop or phone before buying something. I have no issue purchasing something, but since I'll only need this as a studying tool & then will unlikely use it again, I thought I'd search for free 1st. Also, I was hoping someone already uses an app & finds it useful, free or no.

When I search for "free voice recorder", I seem to only find apps that will record YTube vids or capture audio streams. I looked on my phone (I thought for sure there was a voice recording app... although I don't know that it would record lengthy monologues), but can't find it. Disclaimer... doesn't mean it's not there on either device, so forgive me if the answer is obvious... I've been so immersed in cramming info into my brain for wks after long classes, the last few days I hit a wall & had to put all my studying away as I can't brain function in any relevant way. Tomorrow, I have to begin again.

My best guess is I'd need to record a few hrs of info... I'm assuming less than 5-hrs. As a last resort, I could buy one of those pocket recorders. Best Buy has 1 for $30, but I'd rather not toss that $ away, as I'll never use it once I pass my boards.

I also need a solution in 1-2 days, as I have so much studying.

Anyone use anything, free or for purchase, that they like for long voice recordings?

Thank you very much. My stressed to the max brain appreciates it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2017, 08:24 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,723,889 times
How to use the Voice Recorder in Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile | Digital Citizen

Old 08-03-2017, 01:31 PM

Thank you, Tek. I saw that on my Start Menu, but since it says "Trusted Win Store App" underneath it, I wrongly assumed I had to purchase it. It's great & very easy to mark & edit. After 2-days of recording, I'll email it to myself & burn a CD. Thank you again. This is going to be a very helpful tool!

Old 08-03-2017, 05:30 PM

4,187 posts, read 11,935,791 times
If you don't mind paying for shipping, I'll send you a one these used recorder I have laying around. I have a bunch of these that I am selling. https://www.amazon.com/Olympus-VN-81.../dp/B000NPKO4E

I promise it won't cost you anywhere near $30. Can probably ship it out tomorrow as well

Old 08-03-2017, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj08054 View Post
If you don't mind paying for shipping, I'll send you a one these used recorder I have laying around. I have a bunch of these that I am selling. https://www.amazon.com/Olympus-VN-81.../dp/B000NPKO4E

I promise it won't cost you anywhere near $30. Can probably ship it out tomorrow as well
You're a doll, SJ, but I'm using the free computer program included with Win 10 that Tek pointed out & it's working great. I'll let you save it for someone who truly needs it. For me, once the state boards are over, I'll unlikely ever use it again.

Cheers!

Old 08-07-2017, 10:59 PM

1 posts, read 488 times
Hey, Instead of looking for a software to do voice recoder for your win 10, 8. I think you can use Sound recoder, that intergate with your window. It's simple and convenient to use. . Just open search bar and enter : Voice Recorder. it's simple, right?

Old 08-08-2017, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmonewbie2017 View Post
Hey, Instead of looking for a software to do voice recoder for your win 10, 8. I think you can use Sound recoder, that intergate with your window. It's simple and convenient to use. . Just open search bar and enter : Voice Recorder. it's simple, right?
Yes, that was already mentioned by Tek in the 2nd post, but thanks for the reply. That's what I'm using & it's very helpful. Crisp, clear recordings sans external mic, too. Full steam ahead with the bloody studying.

Oh, welcome to the forum, as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers