Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2008, 04:55 PM

523 posts, read 1,680,003 times

Advertisements

I installed the SonicWall Global VPN Client ver. 4. All seemed to go fine until the very end when a message popped up -- something about not being registered.

Not finding anything about this message anywhere in this board and others I looked in, I thought I'd uninstall the Client and try again. Went to Control Panel --> Add/Remove --> found it on the list and processed the removal.

Shut the system down completely, then booted up (not a Restart). Ran the Client setup.exe and got the error message: "It appears that you've uninstalled the SonicWALL Global VPN Client. You need to reboot your computer before setup can proceed." Then the progam quits.

A reboot does not solve anything. I even ran System Mechanic and Windows uninstaller utility, but the VPN Client no longer shows up as an installed program.

I've got a copy of the version 2.x of the Client, but get the came message when trying to install that one.

I did find on another board a reference to "SWVPNClientClean" in which the poster stated was available on Sonic Wall's site. But I can't find it anywhere. All the site is giving me is the opportunity to d/l the ver. 4 Client.

I'm sure one of the smart C-D geeks will have a solution. I've really got to get this resolve. All suggestions would be appreciated!

P.S. I'm running XP Pro SP2 with all the latest updates.

Last edited by Nancy-NJ-NY-ME?; 07-15-2008 at 06:12 PM.. Reason: fix typo; added P.S.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 07:26 PM

5,068 posts, read 10,129,823 times
Maybe this has something to do with the initial problem? Just guessing. Another guess is that with the second program, there are still pieces of the first program left. I'm not one of the real geeks, but maybe they'll make an appearance and give you some real help.

Old 07-15-2008, 08:06 PM

523 posts, read 1,680,003 times
Brian -- Thanks so much for taking the time to research and post the link to ehow.com. (I've never been to that site, but have bookmarked it!)

From reading the posting, it does indeed seem to apply to an extent to my situation. One difference is that I am trying to set the client up outside of the LAN. Another is that I know the VPN is configured as others in my company (in different remote offices) have been able to connect to it. Perhaps I did make a typo in the IP. And now I know from reading that uninstalling was unnessary.

But.... now I'm stuck in this pergatory of not being installed, won't install, and won't uninstall. I may have to just bit the bullet and take the machine to out local IT shop and see what they can do.

I really need to connect to my customer's server and have spent countless hours on this vpn mess.

Thanks again for posting. (Gave you some reps. )

Old 07-15-2008, 10:10 PM

5,068 posts, read 10,129,823 times
I use a program called Inferno (http://sourceforge.net/softwaremap/trove_list.php - broken link) (scroll down a bit), where I drag and drop files, and programs. Still, pieces can be left. In the registry, a program called Eusing Free Registry Cleaner to clean out pieces of a program that are left hanging.

There are some who may not approve of a registry cleaner, so I can only say I've tried it without apparent harm. I've seen it suggested in Cnet. Also, there are some registry defrag programs available. I've used this one.

Old 04-13-2009, 10:42 AM

1 posts, read 34,236 times
This error can occur if the DNE (Deterministic Networks) driver is still bound to the network adapter.
Resolution or Workaround
In a DOS command window type the following:

C:\> net stop rcfox

Then go into the Windows\System32\drivers directory and rename rcfox.sys to rcfox.sys.old

Run the installer.

The rcfox may not be running or found but rename it and reinstall... worked for me

Last edited by jahwah; 04-13-2009 at 10:44 AM.. Reason: errors
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers