Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 12:10 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,731,337 times

Advertisements

Whatever the heck you're doing today, drop it, jump into your car and get as many cans of S&S Chicken soup, with wild rice and white meat chicken

This is a new release, about a month or two old and it's simply tasty. Enough said.

I got 15 cans yesterday and 4 have disappeared already.

Lately, Campbell has been letting me down, their chicken is feeling more like tofu and is TERRIBLE. I've been looking to fix my soup deprivation since I left CO. Safeway and King Soopers used to sell amazing Chicken Noodle soup from Kroger, with whole grain rotini pasta.

But am happy to announce that S&S has topped it and has put an end to my exile. Well done!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2011, 10:55 PM

21,770 posts, read 28,108,607 times
I stopped going there long ago.

I bet it's something from a major soup company rebranded.

Old 07-17-2011, 05:19 AM

1,899 posts, read 3,510,878 times
How's the sodium content? Enough for a week I bet.

Old 07-17-2011, 05:28 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,905,316 times
Yeah, I'd like to see that ingredients list myself. Antlered was recently complaining how unhealthy Ct. residents are, let's see his healthy choices. For me, I make most of my own soup, the only canned soup I buy is Campbell's Select Harvest 100% natural ingredients. It has no MSG, is low in fat and cholesterol etc. I think the sodium content is too high, but I have low blood pressure, so hopefully I'm not being too adversely affected when I eat it.

Old 07-17-2011, 07:03 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,012,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3 View Post
Yeah, I'd like to see that ingredients list myself. Antlered was recently complaining how unhealthy Ct. residents are, let's see his healthy choices. For me, I make most of my own soup, the only canned soup I buy is Campbell's Select Harvest 100% natural ingredients. It has no MSG, is low in fat and cholesterol etc. I think the sodium content is too high, but I have low blood pressure, so hopefully I'm not being too adversely affected when I eat it.
I agree, I make a big batch of soup and freeze it in smaller containers for later use.

Usually my wife will buy a couple rotisserie chickens and use most of the breast meat for various dishes, I take the rest and toss em in the pot and melt em down for an hour +.

Strain out the stock into another pot with some cut onions, celery, carrots, garlic, sage and a little tarragon, sea salt, fresh ground pepper for another 30, remove the herbs, and get the boat motor add a few tablespoons of butter and blend it into a velvet silk. Pick through the chicken and add to the broth, cook some basimati rice on the side and add before eating. Yum!

BTW, I'm going to beat my drum again and say that natural fat and natural salt is not bad for you. Trans/vegetable fats have to be chemically separated and are not natural. Table salt is not natural and poisons you. Sea salt does not. (Short version. )

Old 07-17-2011, 09:16 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,731,337 times
Quote:
Oooohhh, would the andthentherewere3 soup stress test fail me

It's 240 cals per can, I burn close to 1200 cals a day in the gym, every single day, no exceptions, and add running around in NYC, besides I try to stay around 1800 cals of food intake every day these days.

That gives me the luxury to not stress upon things like sodium content or even the amount of fat.

I have a philosophy, I'll eat whatever I want, but it will never stick becoz it gets burnt away And also good genes, I haven't been to a doctor in nearly 24 months.

Old 07-17-2011, 10:22 AM

21,770 posts, read 28,108,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
Usually my wife will buy a couple rotisserie chickens and use most of the breast meat for various dishes
Whole rotisserie chicken from Costco at 4.99 FTMFW.

Any idea how long those puppies last in the fridge after you buy them?

Old 07-17-2011, 10:44 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,905,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Oooohhh, would the andthentherewere3 soup stress test fail me

It's 240 cals per can, I burn close to 1200 cals a day in the gym, every single day, no exceptions, and add running around in NYC, besides I try to stay around 1800 cals of food intake every day these days.

That gives me the luxury to not stress upon things like sodium content or even the amount of fat.

I have a philosophy, I'll eat whatever I want, but it will never stick becoz it gets burnt away And also good genes, I haven't been to a doctor in nearly 24 months.
I wasn't referring to the fat, but questionable, unnatural ingredients like MSG etc.

Old 07-17-2011, 11:02 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,012,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkiv808 View Post
Whole rotisserie chicken from Costco at 4.99 FTMFW.

Any idea how long those puppies last in the fridge after you buy them?
Absolutely! You can't buy raw chicken breast for that! We use them for wraps, burritos, chicken salad, sandwiches etc etc.

I usually don't let them go past 4 days in the fridge. They may go longer though I don't know.

Quote:
I wasn't referring to the fat, but questionable, unnatural ingredients like MSG etc.
What's wrong with a little hydrolyzed wheat gluten or hydrolyzed soy protein in your soup.

Last edited by JViello; 07-17-2011 at 11:26 AM..

Old 07-17-2011, 07:24 PM

87 posts, read 214,642 times
Haven't tried this soup... but my tip on a good store bought chicken soup. Pick up the fresh chicken soup from Fairway in Stamford. They keep it in the chilled/frig area by the cheese and cold cuts. Similar product available from Mrs. Greenes is also excellent. Both are far superior to anything canned that I have had. I get the ones with vegetables and chicken only, no rice or pasta, etc. (they do have those as well, I just dont prefer that type).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut