Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2007, 09:41 AM

3 posts, read 13,762 times

Advertisements

What would be the easiest way to get a list of condos in Tunxis Hills (Fairfield) without going through a real estate? We wanted to ride through the areas and just look at the developments and suurrounding businesses and homes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2007, 06:46 PM

34,929 posts, read 56,924,455 times
bos9112 - I would check realtor.com for listings in the zip code 06825. That is the zip code for the Tunxis Hill section of Fairfield. There are a number of complexes in the area. Is there one you are looking for in particular? The couple I know include Evergreen Park and Ridgewood on Knapp's Highway. There are two others on Knapp's, one at the corner of Knapp's and black Rock Turnpike and the other on the corner of Tunix Hill that I can't think of the names right now. If you have any questions on the area, I know it well. Jay

Old 08-29-2007, 07:46 PM

3 posts, read 13,762 times
Thanks Jay. We are looking for a condo that is 3 bedroom and possibly a lower level. Tunxis Hill is reasonably close to the Fairfield train station which is important since I work in NYC. We are looking in the 350K range give or take a few thousand (probably give-lol).
The properties we've seen either have pretty small rooms or need a lot of work.
With the mortgage lenders in the state they are in, I realize some sellers may be reluctant to put their properties on the market and there doesn't seem to be a lot of choices at this point.

I will take a look at the 2 developments you mentioned to see if there is anything promising.

Thanks for your help.

Old 08-29-2007, 11:47 PM

44 posts, read 163,728 times
I live by McKinley School/Warde H.S.-which I guess is the Tunxis Hill Area - Sorry to say, I don't see a whole lot in the way of condos around here.

When you say Tunxis HIll, what area do you mean? If you have children, Tunxis HIll can put you in a few different school districts.

If you like No Stratfield or Stratfield, then you have a partciular neighborhood for each school. If you like McKinley, you have another neighborhood where you would look.

MY son goes to McKinley, and we really LIKE it - very diverse, which is at odds with State of CT Laws!!

Anyways, $350K for a 3 BR condo in Fairfield? You aren't going to find one at that price range. Sunnyridge has some a bit lower, but it's a place that used to be "low income" housing that has now been turned into "condos".

I've lived in Fairfield my whole life. I own a home now, but with rising utilities, etc., I'm looking to sell my house at a profit and run from the rat racen of New Engkland!!

Patty in CT

Old 08-30-2007, 08:07 AM

34,929 posts, read 56,924,455 times
I took a look at the listings in Fairfield in your price range and they do appear to be limited. There are a couple of nice small homes on small lots in good neighborhoods, though not much is available in condos or townhouses. Keep in mind you are going to pay to live in a desirable town like Fairfield, so your expectations need to be realistic. I wish you the best.

Patty you live right in my old neighborhood. My father and aunt still live there. They live right off Knapp's Highway near McKinley School. Anyway, I would suggest you give careful consideration to relocating. Things are a lot different in other parts of the country and things you take for granted here (like good public schools, interesting shopping, closeness to a major city like New York, etc.) are not offered other places. Yeah, it may seem great that you could buy a nice house in North Carolina for a cheap price and that costs there are a bit lower (there has been a lot of debate on this board about this) but there are hidden costs in these places you don't realize (like North Carolina taxes food purchased in grocery stores) and pay rates are significantly lower. I know a lot of people who moved out only later to regret it. As they say "the grass always looks greener on the other side". JMHO Jay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut