Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Think CT Is The Best State?
Yes 6 17.14%
No 29 82.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 01:34 PM

1,129 posts, read 1,350,803 times

Advertisements

Do you think that CT is the best state in the country? Would you rather be elsewhere? Explain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2014, 07:59 AM

34,918 posts, read 56,903,161 times
What state is better? There is so much here or near. People need to realize that every state has advantages and disadvantages. The advantages far outweigh the disadvantages. Jay

Old 12-14-2014, 08:12 AM

1,351 posts, read 2,691,069 times
almost impossible to answer given most if not all of us haven't actually had the opportunity to live in every other state for a valid comparison.
i do know that Virginia is cheaper as far as COL and it is more spread out so you don't get the traffic/congestion in most places like you do here (exception being the DC area). never lived there myself but my brother has for 30+ yrs.
LINY is probably worse than CT as far as traffic and congestion (mostly on the way towards Queens and the city) but still has some nice suburbs.

Old 12-14-2014, 08:28 AM

3,041 posts, read 7,931,688 times
Ct is a long way from being best state,very regressive state.How can you say best with a very heavy tax burden.
It might be best for those who have a good income.

Old 12-14-2014, 10:21 AM

684 posts, read 811,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipperman View Post
almost impossible to answer given most if not all of us haven't actually had the opportunity to live in every other state for a valid comparison.
i do know that Virginia is cheaper as far as COL and it is more spread out so you don't get the traffic/congestion in most places like you do here (exception being the DC area). never lived there myself but my brother has for 30+ yrs.
LINY is probably worse than CT as far as traffic and congestion (mostly on the way towards Queens and the city) but still has some nice suburbs.

+1 on this. I have lived in NJ for many years, my wife is from CT and i have family there as well.. I moved from NJ to get away from the broke state and crazy taxes. Me and the wife have been thinking about moving into CT but it seems like it is right behind NJ with taxes maybe even worse. We currently live in Texas and we dont like it here BUT we did visit the outer areas of Richmond, VA and we were VERY shocked at how nice it was. Has everything for the outdoors person, affordable nice houses with property, good diversity , lower cost of living, and VERY good education. The people in VA are a lot more polite and a little more laid back but not annoyingly laid back.

I am on the fence now to head back to CT or maybe settle in VA. All our family is in the tri-state area tho so that is a major factor too but VA isnt too far. I love CT for the many times i have been, and i am looking to open my own business but i have to actually see what all the taxes will be that i have to pay for.

Old 12-14-2014, 11:56 AM

21,722 posts, read 28,055,508 times
I think of it as an apples and oranges situation. Lots of states offer a lot, and are just very different and hard to compare. Is CT one of the better states? Yes. Is it THE best? No way.

Old 12-14-2014, 01:35 PM

9,753 posts, read 7,463,064 times
Every. Single. State has advantages and disadvantages (yes, even the Dakota's and Wyoming!). There are times I wish I lived somewhere else, but then I step back and think how good Trumbull has been to me. Have a nice house, no major crime (at least yet *knock on wood*), I have family nearby, know the people at the local area restaurants I go to, easy access via train to New York and about a 2.5 to 3 hour car ride from Boston, 5.5 hour train ride from Washington D.C. Yah, I could live in other places much worse!

Old 12-14-2014, 01:39 PM

3,138 posts, read 2,778,777 times
This is difficult to objectively answer until you've lived in every single state, and have lived in each for some time.

Old 12-14-2014, 03:17 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,939,398 times
Anyone who thinks that CT is the best state to live in obviously has never lived anywhere else and has a warped perspective, with seeing things only through a CT lens. The same applies to anyone in any other state who believes that their state is the best. It's just human nature. Many people who lived in Texas their whole life think it's the best state. As for me, I have lived in both NY and CT and can't say one is better over the other, really. It's just pros and cons and differences. With that said, I think it's safe to say that CT is better than quite a few other states. However, it's an extreme place to live in terms of COL, traffic, lack of young people, harsh winters, etc.

Old 12-14-2014, 04:02 PM

10,059 posts, read 14,935,470 times
CT is a wonderful state and in my opinion the best of the New England states. The only state that has a slight edge over CT is MA and only because of Boston. I love Boston and had it not been for its even worse weather than where I live, I would had probably lived there at least for a few years; but it's one of my favorite cities on this sided the Atlantic. Other than that, CT all the way.

Having said that, there is more to the USA than New England and while I still think CT is one of the best states, that's different from being the best of all. Sorry, but there are a handful of states that are above and beyond CT, and keep in mind that I'm a picky person. That's why I voted NO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
View detailed profiles of: