Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2015, 11:04 AM

2 posts, read 2,405 times

Advertisements

Can anyone please tell me about living in Brookfield? I am moving from lower westchester to granite spring drive in Brookfield and am really nervous because its very isolated and just would like some other views about the area. Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2015, 11:48 AM

2,636 posts, read 7,434,951 times
Granite Drive is a new small cul de sac in the eastern side of Brookfield. It is almost at the New Milford border. Approx 5 minutes to the town beach and 10 minutes to all the shopping and services you can need. With new construction, look the contract over carefully to make sure you know what is included and whats not, etc. Brookfield is a small bedroom community.

Old 12-01-2015, 11:59 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,706,694 times
^^^^What they said. It's not isolated as an isolated part of CT is. I mean coming from a city it can appear isolated. It's near Danbury that has probably the best and second largest mall in the state
Has Go Kart racing unfortunately no rope course or trampoline park yet. Does have batting cages/mini golf. Your near Stews and some big box store's on Route 7. You have two bowling alleys and lot's of road race's in the area. Some decent food I don't know if Brookfield or New Milford has the best restaurants, I say New Milford. Also New Milford has a better green/town center area. Danbury has some decent restaurants so you can explore.

The school system isn't bad in Brookfield pretty decent in my family 2 generations have gone through it.

Decent park's in Brookfield and the area.

The gym scene is sporadic and spaced all over Brookfield it's odd.

Candlewood Lake is nice to fish and take a boat on...as far as swimming ehhhhh...there's few lakes I can swim in, but I know theu have algae problems lately. Also you can grab a bite at Down The Hatch or Al's Barbecue.

Also close to some great wineries in the area and artsy places.

Traveling towards the city is not bad few options where you can take the train out of.

Old 12-01-2015, 01:16 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,182,753 times
We have very good friends in Brookfield - (newly moved FROM Texas and Arizona wouldn't you know!!)
They are very happy there.

Old 12-01-2015, 07:45 PM

21,770 posts, read 28,108,607 times
I grew up in that area. It all depends on what you want. If you want to settle down to a quiet area that's family-focused, especially sports, it's a very good place to live with very good schools. It's also excellent for boating/lake enthusiasts.

If you want culture, an active community, restaurants, things to do, etc. it can be pretty lacking in that regard. Brookfield always bugged me that it doesn't have a defined town center, just a lot of strip malls. Although they're trying to change that with new development.

It's definitely all about personal preferences. Don't expect lower Westchester as it's nothing like it. It's superior in some regards and inferior in others. It's a great town for the right mindset.

Old 12-02-2015, 01:07 AM

21,630 posts, read 31,226,516 times
As others have noted, it's nothing like lower Westchester. It's the type of town where people move to to have a big yard, away from the bustle. It's great for raising a family, as the schools are considered to be great. For nightlife, activity and access to an urban environment, that doesn't exist. You'll see lots of minivans and SUV's.

Old 12-02-2015, 08:42 PM

2 posts, read 2,405 times
Thank you for all your replies!!! MY other concern was how they are no street lights besides on the main road. None on the streets, that seems it will be hard to get used to. I read that its really safe there too, very low crime, is that true???? Sorry if these questions seem weird its just moving from an area like lower westchester to anywhere in ct, is a big change for me. Thank you again for your responses!!!

Old 12-02-2015, 09:22 PM

21,770 posts, read 28,108,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mia19 View Post
Thank you for all your replies!!! MY other concern was how they are no street lights besides on the main road. None on the streets, that seems it will be hard to get used to. I read that its really safe there too, very low crime, is that true???? Sorry if these questions seem weird its just moving from an area like lower westchester to anywhere in ct, is a big change for me. Thank you again for your responses!!!
There are street lights on main roads. Most residential streets are very dark.

Very very low crime.

Old 12-02-2015, 10:31 PM

2,394 posts, read 4,088,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
There are street lights on main roads. Most residential streets are very dark.
This. Towns in northern Fairfield County do not generally provide street lights. When my family visited us in CT, the one comment everybody made was how dark the streets and roads were at night. I found that my cars that had driving lights (not the long range ones, the low ones) were very valuable on those pitch black roads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut