Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 07:28 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,320,358 times

Advertisements

I come from the redneck section of the country where it's common to leave lights up all year long on your trailer. But even the rednecks have the sense to unplug them!

There is a house right now with a tree up in the window LIT UP! Do you hear me? We've already passed Valentine's Day!! There are wreathes on windows. LOTS of windows! There are outside lights just a blazing. AND... candles. In windows. LIT!

I'm sorry I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. How long can this go on? What am I seeing here? Can someone shed a little light? Preferably not the red and green twinkly kind?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2016, 07:46 PM

26,653 posts, read 28,677,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
I come from the redneck section of the country where it's common to leave lights up all year long on your trailer. But even the rednecks have the sense to unplug them!

There is a house right now with a tree up in the window LIT UP! Do you hear me? We've already passed Valentine's Day!! There are wreathes on windows. LOTS of windows! There are outside lights just a blazing. AND... candles. In windows. LIT!

I'm sorry I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. How long can this go on? What am I seeing here? Can someone shed a little light? Preferably not the red and green twinkly kind?
LIGHT. It's the key word. That's the only reason, other than laziness, person has gone to Florida, something like that. But even though I took my Christmas decorations down a long time ago, I think that it could be that the winters around here are DARK. Sometimes the lights from Christmas brighten up our world.

Old 02-16-2016, 08:06 PM

4,787 posts, read 11,759,960 times
Wreaths on doors/ windows are often considered a winter decoration and sometimes will be left up until spring. There are several homes near me with candle lights in the windows. Same thing, just a winter decoration and a way to brighten up cold, dark nights. Looks especially nice IMO on antique colonial homes.

Old 02-16-2016, 08:20 PM

6,588 posts, read 4,972,969 times
I just saw a full xmas tree in a window over the weekend. Thought I was seeing things!

I agree with the window lights in history homes.

Personally I gave up on lights years ago, just not worth the work. No excuse not to get them down with this winter being so warm though!

Old 02-16-2016, 08:42 PM

1,107 posts, read 1,452,127 times
I admit, my lights are still up on my patio. (live in an apt complex) However, it's been too cold (for me at least) to take them down! LOL. I'm not turning them on though, at least.

Old 02-17-2016, 04:18 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,320,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willow wind View Post
Wreaths on doors/ windows are often considered a winter decoration and sometimes will be left up until spring. There are several homes near me with candle lights in the windows. Same thing, just a winter decoration and a way to brighten up cold, dark nights. Looks especially nice IMO on antique colonial homes.
Yeah. *like i was nodding right along to a song on the radio* <-- you have to sing it

I get this. Winter decor. But the Christmas tree? It's right at a freeway exit. Probably hundreds of cars a day are parked at the light and face the house with the tree. But the brightening up... okay.

Lots of wreaths had hearts added to them.

Old 02-17-2016, 05:59 AM

2,643 posts, read 2,623,585 times
Simmer down. I've been super busy.

Old 02-17-2016, 06:06 AM

2,706 posts, read 3,379,498 times
Those are "Party Lights" after the Christmas season is over

Old 02-17-2016, 06:28 AM

468 posts, read 523,867 times
We still have lights up on the fence around our pool in the backyard. It makes a gloomy time of year a little brighter.

Old 02-17-2016, 06:32 AM

696 posts, read 703,429 times
Some friends mentioned the other day that their live tree is still up . I sure hope they don't turn on the lights!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut