Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2010, 10:51 AM

23 posts, read 68,389 times

Advertisements

What are your opinions on 360 State Street?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 11:18 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,673,832 times
random town or is there a specific town you were looking for :P

Old 05-10-2010, 11:45 AM

34,917 posts, read 56,893,272 times
I believe the OP is talking about 360 State Street in New Haven which is a new residental tower under construction there. From what I have seen it is very nice but will be pricey for New Haven. It is a traditional modern apartment tower with some very nice amenities and is right across the street from State Street station and close to New Haven Green and Yale. Overall it should be a nice place to live. Jay

Old 05-10-2010, 01:54 PM

418 posts, read 1,410,341 times
The website makes it look amazing. The added population is going to boost an already thriving little neighborhood, too.

Old 05-10-2010, 05:33 PM

220 posts, read 524,905 times
It does look like it will be very nice. 'Pricey' is going to be the main problem - I personally wouldn't be able to afford living there. Maybe it's aimed at the business community, but the real rental housing market seems (at least here in East Rock) to be for grad students/professionals. Not sure how many businesspeople will be willing to move from outside of the city to live there, particularly with higher mill rates, poor schools, etc. Supposedly there are also some low-income housing units going in.

The biggest plus is the planned grocery store on the ground floor, especially since the Shaw's on Whalley is now closed and the nearest grocery stores are up in Hamden or over in West Haven/near the Woodbridge border. It won't be huge, but it will be a big plus for the city. Here's hoping it doesn't fall through...

Old 05-11-2010, 02:57 PM

362 posts, read 774,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inetlom View Post
It does look like it will be very nice. 'Pricey' is going to be the main problem - I personally wouldn't be able to afford living there. Maybe it's aimed at the business community, but the real rental housing market seems (at least here in East Rock) to be for grad students/professionals. Not sure how many businesspeople will be willing to move from outside of the city to live there, particularly with higher mill rates, poor schools, etc. Supposedly there are also some low-income housing units going in.

The biggest plus is the planned grocery store on the ground floor, especially since the Shaw's on Whalley is now closed and the nearest grocery stores are up in Hamden or over in West Haven/near the Woodbridge border. It won't be huge, but it will be a big plus for the city. Here's hoping it doesn't fall through...
I don't understand why people still want to integrate low-income housing still. It's not like people who have low incomes are good people. some are Hard working, but most are a pain in the ass. I can't stand how some places are turning for the worse because of Section 8.

Old 05-11-2010, 03:12 PM

220 posts, read 524,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPC2000 View Post
I don't understand why people still want to integrate low-income housing still. It's not like people who have low incomes are good people. some are Hard working, but most are a pain in the ass. I can't stand how some places are turning for the worse because of Section 8.
I find that comment offensive.

In any case, I misstated the term - it should have read 'affordable housing', which for downtown probably means 'someone who can afford to live in East Rock', not 'someone who can afford to live in Newhallville'. Considering that the rent for a two-bedroom apartment is listed at $2600/month, I'm not sure how many NH residents can afford to live there period.

Old 05-11-2010, 03:49 PM

108 posts, read 270,552 times
Before I moved here I always heard that the cost of living here is expensive....well in my ignorant mind I thought that meant you pay a little more but get the same quality. Nope...apparently you pay thousands more to get similar quality as the southern parts of the US.

2600/month...wow, thats a 400,000 house payment down south.

Furthermore...with all of the taxes this state charges...why aren't the streets cleaner?

I'm sorry, I think I am just in a bad mood today because a car part was stolen off of my vehicle. It is "ticked off at the state of connecticut" day for me.

Old 05-11-2010, 03:57 PM

90 posts, read 299,612 times
where the heck do you live where the streets are dirty? iun north branford and most of the other towns I'm delighted at how CLEAN everything is. CONN has the cleanest highways I have ever seen to!!

Old 09-15-2010, 07:32 AM

627 posts, read 1,057,719 times
Have heard from some resident friends that they actually opened this place before the parking garage was finished (and still not finished). That seems like a real pain. And the gym and pool and grocery still are still works-in-progress too.

Also still only about 25% occupancy, but I'm not even sure that all the floors are finished yet.

Said it has good views though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut