Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2007, 06:17 AM

2 posts, read 10,157 times

Advertisements

Hi All:

I just moved into glastonbury and looking at daycares - any advice appreciated. Looked at kindercare on nutmeg, and foundation for learning on griswald. Anyfull time montessories close by?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2007, 07:46 AM

34,913 posts, read 56,893,272 times
Hi newCT and welcome to town. I hope you will like living here. Glastonbury is a great town with a lot ot offer, so I am sure you will be happy here. There are a number of daycare centers in town and I can recommend a few.

We used Stork Club on New London Turnpike. We liked it because is was small (about 80 kids), affordable ( we were on a budget), heard good things from a coworker about it and that the head of the infant room had been there for 15 years (you never see that type of longeviety at daycares). It did turn out to be a good experience for our kids and the other kids we met there. We have been out of Stork Club for many years now, but I know that Connie is still in the infant room. She is great.

That said, I have also heard good things about Aloha on Hebron Avenue. This center was built and is run by a daycare provider (Joanne) from Stork Club who was great. She use to line the 1 year olds up in their high chairs at lunch and teach them their letters. I swear that is why my older son loves reading so much. Joanne left Stork Club shortly after my son left her room and started a daycare in her home. She then built the center on Hebron Avenue a couple of years ago. Friends of ours now go there and really love it. It is basically a family-run operation. I am sure you will like it.

People also seem to like the Bright Horizons on Village Place. Not sure why, but just remember hearing that it is good and hard to get into.

There are no Montessories Schools in Glastonbury which is surprising since there seems to be a lot of interest from what I have seen on these boards and heard around town.

Again, welcome to town and I would be happy to help if you have any other questions. Jay

Old 05-24-2007, 11:39 AM

326 posts, read 1,452,611 times
Hi, we will soon be neighbors, as we are moving to Glastonbury in August. I could not find a Montessori school in Glstonbury for my younger one either. I settled for the Oak Grove Montessori school in Mansfield Center, 20-30 minutes drive depending on where you are in Glastonbury. I visited the school during my CT visit in April and I liked it. The preschool teacher has been there for 16 years, which is comforting. It goes from pre-k to 6th grade. Lucia, now 3, will be there for the next two years, then she will go to the neighborhood public school for first grade. They have a AM and a PM program as well as an extended program.

Old 05-25-2007, 06:00 AM

2 posts, read 10,157 times
Thanks Jay and vvolin. I will checkout these daycares.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut