Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2013, 06:58 AM

212 posts, read 1,003,646 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I want to get my parents a security camera that will view their backyard. They live in a rural area and aren't actually concerned with theft or break-ins, they are just curious which animals sneak into their yard at night and eat the plants/vegetables my dad is trying to grow.

I'd like to get them something with the following capabilities but with so many options out there, it's difficult to find the right product:

- Nightvision up to 25ft
- Motion detection that automatically emails photos
- Wireless video recording to SD card or FTP (though, if photos are emailed video is not a huge priority)
- Connect via Wifi
- Can be put indoors facing out through a window or mounted outside
- Price under $150 if possible

Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2013, 10:09 AM

1,899 posts, read 3,957,395 times
I would recommend going on Amazon and looking at their "Top 100" ranking for CCTV products based on reviews. I've been looking at CCTV reviews myself, and Amazon has been the best place to do research due to truthful reviews. You can also sort by price that way.

Old 12-08-2013, 06:20 PM

89 posts, read 202,699 times
According to your requirements, I searched the relevant products from some websites where i usually buy good items. What about this one Wireless 720P High Resolution 30fps Day Night Play and Plug Motion Triggered Security IP Camera I think it is perfect for you. With waterproof capacity, it can be installed indoor or outdoor. It features motion activated function, night vision up to 15m, video recoding saved in its Micro SD card up to 32GB storage capacity, send pictues to E-mail and upload videos via FTP. Moreover, it is price is very reasonable, less than 150 dollars.

Old 12-08-2013, 07:39 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,224,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geneyus View Post
I would recommend going on Amazon and looking at their "Top 100" ranking for CCTV products based on reviews. I've been looking at CCTV reviews myself, and Amazon has been the best place to do research due to truthful reviews. You can also sort by price that way.
I suggest that the reviews are taken in context. Some people shouldn't be reviewing a glass of water, let alone an electronic device.

Old 12-09-2013, 07:32 AM

212 posts, read 1,003,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby Daisy View Post
According to your requirements, I searched the relevant products from some websites where i usually buy good items. What about this one Wireless 720P High Resolution 30fps Day Night Play and Plug Motion Triggered Security IP Camera I think it is perfect for you. With waterproof capacity, it can be installed indoor or outdoor. It features motion activated function, night vision up to 15m, video recoding saved in its Micro SD card up to 32GB storage capacity, send pictues to E-mail and upload videos via FTP. Moreover, it is price is very reasonable, less than 150 dollars.
Thank you! This is super helpful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics