Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 12:00 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,943,010 times

Advertisements

Several people have contacted me about sending pictures of neighborhoods in Cookeville, so I figured I might as well post some here. I took these on Saturday September 22. Keep in mind I didn't take pictures of apartment complexes or of the 2 trailer parks left in the city. I took pictures mainly of newer neighborhoods and a couple of older neighborhoods.

Here we go!

This neighborhood is called Dietzdorf. Don't ask me why.

This one is downtown just a block from the courthouse:

Another neighborhood downtown:

I don't remember the name of this neighborhood, but it's just down the street from the new community college:

Another new neighborhood across the street from the new community college:

Same part of town:

Next to Algood School:

White Plains Golf Course, near Algood School:

Entrance to White Plains:

Next to Tennessee Tech University:

Between downtown and the university:

A couple of blocks from the university:

Another new neighborhood near the university:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2007, 01:35 PM

30 posts, read 116,233 times
Thanks for the awesome pics, JMT

I like the look of White Plains golf course.
Strangely enough,I was looking online for land around Plantation Drive area today! Did you take these pics early morning? The traffic seems pretty quiet in all the pics.

Old 09-25-2007, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taniaxx View Post
Thanks for the awesome pics, JMT

I like the look of White Plains golf course.
Strangely enough,I was looking online for land around Plantation Drive area today! Did you take these pics early morning? The traffic seems pretty quiet in all the pics.
How funny, I think the neighborhood next to Algood School is Plantation Drive. I think.

I took those pictures in the late afternoon which is why, unfortunately, the lighting isn't very good in some of them. I might head back this weekend and try again earlier in the day.

The area around Algood School is beautiful, easily one of the most sought after parts of town.

Where are you moving from?

Old 09-25-2007, 02:07 PM

I am currently in the UK, my husband is from Florida.
I will move to the USA in a year or so, but we would like to move to TN, around Cookeville. Hopefully, I will visit Cookeville in 6 months.

Old 09-25-2007, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taniaxx View Post
I am currently in the UK, my husband is from Florida.
I will move to the USA in a year or so, but we would like to move to TN, around Cookeville. Hopefully, I will visit Cookeville in 6 months.
That's great! Are you retiring to Cookeville? It's a beautiful little town with a lot to offer.

Here are some more pictures I took while in Cookeville on Saturday:

This is the newest and largest shopping area in Cookeville, with Sears, Belk, Kohl's, TJMaxx, Old Navy, Books-a-million, Petco, Goody's, and others:

This is the old mall surrounded by some newer things. Supposedly, the mall is going to be torn down (except JCPenney) and started over from scratch:

Here's "Restaurant Row" with Starbucks, IHOP, Steak & Shake, Cheddar's, Puleo's, O'Charley's, Logan's Roadhouse, Ruby Tuesday, Chick-fil-a, Fazoli's, Chili's, Golden Corral, Red Lobster, Applebee's, Smoothie King. Olive Garden is going up next to Ruby Tuesday.

Old 09-25-2007, 03:19 PM

77 posts, read 273,364 times
Great pic's JMT. Thank you so much for spending the time to do that. It's a big help. I see one of my family's favorite restaurants is there - Longhorn. Yum.

Old 09-25-2007, 04:09 PM

I love IHOP!
UK has nothing that compares with IHOP

Old 09-25-2007, 08:20 PM

1,323 posts, read 4,699,470 times
Hi JMT,

Thanks for posting the pictures. I love the pictures of the neighborhoods around Cookeville. The neighborhoods are attractive and the homes appear to be well taken care of. Each day, I become more certain that I've selected the right area for retirement.

Old 09-25-2007, 08:46 PM

258 posts, read 790,398 times
God it's so nice there, so lovely. Neighborhoods look nothing like that here in ugly trashy Hemet Ca. I wish someone would take nice neighborhood pics like these of the area I wanted to move to.

Old 09-25-2007, 08:49 PM

I know how you feel, jguillot, and I can't wait to hear more about your plans to build your home in beautiful Cumberland Cove. I thought of you as I passed it on Saturday. I try to take the "old road" (Hwy 70) instead of the interstate when I have time.

And jengal and taniaxx, I'm glad you see some restaurants that you like! I think our friend firepower on here has eaten at Longhorn Steakhouse. It just opened a few weeks ago. I know at one time the Outback in Cookeville was the number one Outback in the entire company. The local paper reported last week that the O'Charley's in Cookeville has been the company's busiest restaurant every year, out of nearly 300 locations, since it opened 14 years ago. So the people of Cookeville definitely like to eat out.

Fortunately, Cookeville also has a thriving independent restaurant scene. A retired Austrian chef has opened a fabulous (and I mean FABULOUS) German restaurant in Cookeville. People from Nashville and Knoxville drive all the way to Cookeville to eat there. Downtown Cookeville and the area around the university are full of some great locally-owned restaurants that I think you'll enjoy, too.

Hey tennesseedreamin, where in TN are you moving to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville