Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 11:25 AM

29,503 posts, read 14,656,154 times

Advertisements

A good read.
Justice for Jesse: Ventura Was Right in His Lawsuit | National Review Online#!

Mack, I've got to give you credit for keeping a cool and calm disposition on this topic. Many of us , myself included used our emotions to pick whom we that was in the right on this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2014, 12:34 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,896,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
A good read.
Justice for Jesse: Ventura Was Right in His Lawsuit | National Review Online#!

Mack, I've got to give you credit for keeping a cool and calm disposition on this topic. Many of us , myself included used our emotions to pick whom we that was in the right on this.
On the other hand, from the other side, you had one poster posting that is was DISHONARABLE (the capital letters are from the poster) for a military vet to write about his wartime experiences.
Nonsense of course.

Old 08-01-2014, 02:04 PM

8,489 posts, read 6,894,642 times
The jury probably made the right decision after reviewing the evidence. However, it's a public relations disaster for Ventura. I think he needed the money. The political career is long gone. His conspiracy theory TV show is history. No one bought his books. Gotta pay the bills.

Old 08-01-2014, 06:24 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,383,938 times
1. Okay first I love this news. Vet vs Vet in book lawsuit. Finally something interesting. To make it sweeter is Jessie Ventura. My most favorite pubic speaker.

2. Why is everybody who serves their nation a war hero? Why is Kyle any different then any other Vet? That is what I would like to know? I consider a person a war hero; when they either put them selves into harms way, and aide in the prevention of more war to maintain peace. So far I have three physical heroes ( I think or is that four ). Two are ex-military of this recent decades. Only one of .....two ....okay many ( upon many ) put their lives ahead of others. Some have long term problems. The amount of kills under service should not grant the title of hero.

So far what I am reading, is that he made a bunch of kills? That is it? Does it grant medals? Either your actions prevents more problems, loss of life, or it does not. That is what I feel a hero is. I could imagine that his actions actually speared a couple of vets lives. However I also imagine the devastating reaction from it.

3. Texas........oh this is so auwsome...... It all goes down in Texas.

4. So Kyle was shot by an fellow ex-military at a gun range??? The guy was his friend?? No friend of mine would turn their weapon on me. The movements in the hands, and speech and so forth. One person I knew who was showing signs of that problem, said "I want to be an officer, but I have to avoid shooting anybody".

5. Okay I found out why? Kyle apparently wrote about a character named "Mr. Scruff Face" and how he had a bar fight with him over words mentioned. Kyle in a press coverage??? of his book; mentioned Jessie Ventura as that character. That is when Jessie decided to strike back. Jessie had all the rights to feel upset, especially since he is pulling an Osama, inside of his book. He should have never ever said that in the media coverage.

8. Ventura is more of a politician and public speaker. I really wished he had ran for President already. Now this thing is going to hurt the man public wise. He should have just made some statement for the record and be done with. What he did was instead haunt a man, who was going to lose a lot more then his money in the long run. Now Ventura just looks kinda stupid for doing it. It is just words. Sticks and Stones, Sticks and stones. Again sticks and stones. But now I see why Jessie took the initiative. However the least he could do is drop the lawsuit, to one dollar or something along those lines. The dude is gone.

Old 08-02-2014, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post

2. Why is everybody who serves their nation a war hero? Why is Kyle any different then any other Vet? That is what I would like to know? I consider a person a war hero; when they either put them selves into harms way, and aide in the prevention of more war to maintain peace. So far I have three physical heroes ( I think or is that four ). Two are ex-military of this recent decades. Only one of .....two ....okay many ( upon many ) put their lives ahead of others. Some have long term problems. The amount of kills under service should not grant the title of hero.

So far what I am reading, is that he made a bunch of kills? That is it? Does it grant medals? Either your actions prevents more problems, loss of life, or it does not. That is what I feel a hero is. I could imagine that his actions actually speared a couple of vets lives. However I also imagine the devastating reaction from it.
Regarding the above. No doubt not everyone that serves the nation is a war hero, particularly in today's world where for every soldier that see's combat you have something like 100 soldiers in support that never hear a shot fired in anger during their entire career. Even troops that went to Iraq, for many the entire time was spent in the green zone in air conditioned buildings and the biggest fear they faced was the commissary running out of Dr. Pepper.

However Kyle does not fit in the above category, he happened to see a lot of combat in his multiple tours. A sniper doesn't just kill insurgents for the sake of inflicting causualties on the enemy. They also provide covering fire to protect advancing troop, and in that act he saved American lives. One of his first kills was killing an insurgent that was getting ready to throw a grenade at American soldiers. It also could be bad guys aiming RPG's, setting up ambushes, etc. It wasn't all spent a mile from the front lines with a high powered rifle either, as his book detailed plenty of close in combat. I read the book but I got lazy so I will just quote Wiki:
"Kyle served four tours in the Iraq War and was awarded the 4th highest commendation awarded for acts of heroism, acts of merit, and/or meritorious service in a combat zone. He holds two Silver Star Medals, five Bronze Star Medals with valor, one Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal, and two Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medals. He was awarded the Grateful Nation Award by the Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs... He was wounded twice, and was involved in six IED attacks."

Old 08-02-2014, 05:02 PM

The way I see this; he purposly went in the military knowing what he was going to be doing. Disregarding all the medals/thanks. He wrote a book ( some of which is fictionalization, as with Jessie Ventura ); and it back fired on him. from the whole book non-non-ficition fiasco; it looks like he was not doing so well at home. Hanging around his "friend" that was going thru problems ( like if he did not have any problems himself??? ). The way I see things is that they probably was down at the shooting range and a problem occur earlier.

About housing
Yes there are tons of military in housing. However sometimes that housing is not the safest of places. Sometimes people are exposed to dookie water, random attacks, or domestic violence itself. Even the food might be problematic.

I don't know why anybody would be happy to get any award from anything Jewish related; at this moment in time ( 2001-20XX ). What the in the world does "preventing terrorism" ( the original reason for the US to use it's military power ) have to do with Jewish anything? I feel that is a slap in the face to everything that has been occurring since 2001.

Why should anybody care to have shots, have to fired in anger? I think the last thing a person should want is to deal with gun fire; even if they have to.

It doesn't matter how many medals you have, what matters is that you did what you "put yourself into", and know it is the right choice. Not say "I covered so many people, I must be a hero to somebody". Just be happy those people are alive and not make a big thing about it at all.

How many other people have "covered people" in combat??? Their are tons of stories; many not recorded.

Anyways he is gone. May he rest in peace.

Old 08-02-2014, 07:41 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,713,325 times
Quote:
Why is Kyle any different then any other Vet? That is what I would like to know?
... Ventura is more of a politician and public speaker. I really wished he had ran for President already.
Only among the conspiracy theory crowd that loves Ventura could there be any question whatsoever that Chris Kyle, the deadliest sniper in US military history, who was awarded two Silver Stars and five Bronze Medals with valor, was a genuine hero and not just any another vet. Now you now.

And as to Ventura's political abilities, he was elected as a lark and was probably the worst governor we ever had here in Minnesota. He was a total incompetent and a complete buffoon. Many of us still shake our heads over the time he questioned the hunting credentials of the outdoors writer for the local paper, saying, "You haven't hunted until you've hunted man." This comes from someone who, by the way, never appears to have seen action during his time in the military. The guy is a complete moron

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=93626

Last edited by Glenfield; 08-02-2014 at 07:56 PM..

Old 08-03-2014, 06:41 PM

Everybody is a certain level of conspiracy nut. Without the insanity of concern.....the world would be like a plant sitting at a window that people forget about. Soon it withers, and is forgotten like the many weeds people purposely pull out.

About Mister self-proclaimed "DSniper" ( at least on record of his "performance" in the US military ) along with current events. Imagine if it was a more "organized" area of the world. Should we encourage people to be that??? I understand from birth people are brainwashed ( everybody has a level of brainwashing ) to want to do various things. Should we be proud of these things???

Anyhows He is passed on.....

About idiots. Some idiots are good things. Unlike Bush II. The way I see him; if Jessie was to run; it would just be interesting then the normal politician; only speaking to one half of the crowd. When we vote, we are not voting for the best man, we are voting for the lesser evil. So far President Obama has avoid some horrible things; that a female candidate ( irregardless of sex ) would have created an uncaring catastrophe over.

I am talking about law and acts that affects the nations sanity, as well as motivation.

Right now it is very limited in number, but since 2001 with the spike of looney tune laws and acts. It is not affecting everybody as with segregation or population control. In fact these things and others are being affected in small pockets/hand-fills of people. We can never get enough people to care unless everybody is affected by it' all at once. Like take the gazillions Mister/Misses DSes out there. While they are doing whatever; somebody is making the place unlivable back at home. Then when they try to make a living they find out they are unable to.

Even if the problems could be avoided to begin with. Nobody is sane enough to care about these problems.

Old 08-04-2014, 05:17 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,593,779 times
i believe Ventura is looked at like a bully for taking this widow's money.

Old 08-04-2014, 12:29 PM

Quote:
About idiots. Some idiots are good things. Unlike Bush II. The way I see him; if Jessie was to run; it would just be interesting then the normal politician; only speaking to one half of the crowd. When we vote, we are not voting for the best man, we are voting for the lesser evil. So far President Obama has avoid some horrible things; that a female candidate ( irregardless of sex ) would have created an uncaring catastrophe over.
RegalSin don't take this the wrong way buy your posts are somewhat incoherent. I understand some of it, but it's not easy. The "&quot" text are distracting as well. Not sure if there is a language issue involved, if so then no problem. But your second to last paragraph that begins with "Right now it is very limited in number..." - I have no idea what you are trying to say or what subject you are talking about in that paragraph no matter how many times I read it.

But anyways....are you saying Jesse Ventura is contemplating running for president? That is almost unimaginable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events