Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 12:52 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,532,938 times

Advertisements

Gunshots were reported outside the U.S. Capitol and the building is on lockdown.

read more here as this story develops...

Capitol on Lockdown, Gunshots Outside - NationalJournal.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2013, 12:54 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,032,904 times
Just saw that. I gotta say, it's not extraordinary that someone went crazy with everything that's been going on over there the last month.

Old 10-03-2013, 01:06 PM

From the tweets at bottom of this link as I been waiting 5 minutes for the live feed lol

A few stated the lockdown at this point has been lifted.
U.S. Politics | Reuters.com

Old 10-03-2013, 03:04 PM

2,865 posts, read 3,632,658 times
Just watched the video footage on CNN (Communist News Network) whilst eating my dinner. Had to wonder at the news commentator's remarks. The police shot at the vehicle as it fled and then shot at it again a second time as it was jockeying with police vehicles after going around that cement circle. The female driver was wounded, I don't know how bad, and there was a child in the car. The police did not know this, or so the commentator said. I just find it strange how the commentator(s) were saying how the police did a good job and the lady needed to be stopped, blah, blah, blah. And yet if this were on the streets of any small town USA or urban setting USA they would be saying EXCESSIVE FORCE and calling for an immediate internal investigation. No firearm was found in the driver's car, to my knowledge and the only thing that I know that she did was not to turn away at the barrier. I guess a higher value is assigned when police are operating on the streets of the nation's capital, as opposed to anywhere USA. Especially if they are federal police and are protecting federal bureaucrats. Not that I want to see police crucified anywhere, because I don't. Does anyone else notice this?

Old 10-03-2013, 03:19 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,069,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
Just watched the video footage on CNN (Communist News Network) whilst eating my dinner. Had to wonder at the news commentator's remarks. The police shot at the vehicle as it fled and then shot at it again a second time as it was jockeying with police vehicles after going around that cement circle. The female driver was wounded, I don't know how bad, and there was a child in the car. The police did not know this, or so the commentator said. I just find it strange how the commentator(s) were saying how the police did a good job and the lady needed to be stopped, blah, blah, blah. And yet if this were on the streets of any small town USA or urban setting USA they would be saying EXCESSIVE FORCE and calling for an immediate internal investigation. No firearm was found in the driver's car, to my knowledge and the only thing that I know that she did was not to turn away at the barrier. I guess a higher value is assigned when police are operating on the streets of the nation's capital, as opposed to anywhere USA. Especially if they are federal police and are protecting federal bureaucrats. Not that I want to see police crucified anywhere, because I don't. Does anyone else notice this?
^ it's hard not to notice but it isn't very clear and looks like you just put down random words as they popped into your head

Old 10-03-2013, 03:22 PM

I learned along time ago not rely on the any of the major networks for breaking news. I may listen to fill in time but when something goes breaking I try to find a source closest to the scene as possible.

I did find this uninterrupted footage of that chase.
Raw video of police chase in front of US Capitol | MyFOX8.com

Old 10-03-2013, 03:50 PM

An Infiniti G35 with Connecticut plates was the vehicle involved? Interesting commercial for Infiniti.

Old 10-03-2013, 03:53 PM

I wonder if someone else had fired the shots & the driver of the Infiniti just happened to be there & had an initial argument with the cops at the barricade, then decided to leave. For whatever reason, they then thought that she was involved, even though she may not be.

Not sure at all what's going on here. Must wait for all evidence to come in, I guess.

Old 10-03-2013, 04:01 PM

6,562 posts, read 8,398,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
I wonder if someone else had fired the shots & the driver of the Infiniti just happened to be there & had an initial argument with the cops at the barricade, then decided to leave. For whatever reason, they then thought that she was involved, even though she may not be.

Not sure at all what's going on here. Must wait for all evidence to come in, I guess.
Reports are saying she rammed a barricade at the White House and then evaded police and led them on a chase.

Local news: WTOP.com - Washington, DC News, Traffic & Weather - WTOP.com

Old 10-03-2013, 04:02 PM

I guess the initial "shots" reported were unleashed by the police instead of some lone gunman. Perhaps the Infiniti driver started it all.

Sad event in the nation's capital.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events