Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 02:58 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post

Parents really need to be aware of what their kids are doing on the internet and cell phones. I can't understand how young girls can be so mean to each other.
It's really a weird phenom. Getting an audience and feeling somewhat secure behind a computer screen turns people into crazy idiots. And it's VERY addicting. There have been slam sites built for specific reasons that take on a life of their own and nobody remembers why it's there anymore because they are so caught up in whatever "high" they get from being the worst person possible online and saying the most horrible things they can think of. It becomes a habit with no thought put into it after awhile. Like an alter ego or something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2013, 03:01 PM

1,228 posts, read 1,369,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Before you lecture me, OP, I've seen your videos.

This girl's death is horrible.

But I know plenty of kids who use cell phones who aren't *ssholes.

I don't live my life according to the evening news. Networks constantly run stories about babies who are beaten to death by stepfathers or mom's boyfriends. But that doesn't mean ALL stepfathers are murderers.

I know this is your personal cause. It doesn't have to be mine.
Then why, pray tell, did you take it on and make it yours?

To answer the original question, my reaction is that it's tragic on several counts. Obviously, the direst is the loss of a young life. By extension is the ruination of at least two if not more young lives. What's really sorry is that these and other children can and are willing to be so cruel. While they like to think they know everything by ages 12-14, I have to blame some of that on their parents and hers who weren't/aren't smart enough to monitor their online activities and ramblings or, in the case of the two miscreants, perhaps even raise them to be responsible and considerate. And what in the hell is a 14-year old doing dating in the first place? Are these parents, all of them, nuts, oblivious, just stupid or all of the above?

I REALLY like that sheriff!

Last edited by Ghostly1; 10-16-2013 at 03:18 PM..

Old 10-16-2013, 03:04 PM

626 posts, read 1,348,129 times
They could always make the 14 year old bully's identity public...then she will get a taste of her own medicine. It's sad and not that two wrongs make a right, but more than enough people will bully her and change her little "cold" and compassionless attitude.
Parents really do need to be parents and monitor ALL of their children's activity. There's way too many kids out there bullying, for all different kinds of reasons. Parents of the bullies need to step up and adjust their little brats attitudes (though often they learn it from the parents anyways) and the parents of those bullied need to take steps into removing your children from the bullying if it gets past a certain point. Bullying doesnt just stop and often if you step in and address it (with the parents or school), it just gets worst.

Old 10-16-2013, 03:23 PM

885 posts, read 1,881,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Is this the 12 year old Katelyn Roman that was arrested? Going to You Tube this video was published in April 2012.

Parents really need to be aware of what their kids are doing on the internet and cell phones. I can't understand how young girls can be so mean to each other.
This is the 14 year old that was arrested, posted last year. I'm surprised the news hasn't picked it up yet.

Last edited by Blazah1080; 10-16-2013 at 03:53 PM..

Old 10-16-2013, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdubose View Post
They could always make the 14 year old bully's identity public...then she will get a taste of her own medicine. It's sad and not that two wrongs make a right, but more than enough people will bully her and change her little "cold" and compassionless attitude.
Parents really do need to be parents and monitor ALL of their children's activity. There's way too many kids out there bullying, for all different kinds of reasons. Parents of the bullies need to step up and adjust their little brats attitudes (though often they learn it from the parents anyways) and the parents of those bullied need to take steps into removing your children from the bullying if it gets past a certain point. Bullying doesnt just stop and often if you step in and address it (with the parents or school), it just gets worst.
Watch the first video, they put her picture right out there. It's great.

Old 10-16-2013, 03:51 PM

626 posts, read 1,348,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazah1080 View Post
Watch the first video, they put her picture right out there. It's great.
Oh this is the 14 year old with no remorse?! I thought it was the 12 year old since someone else said that....I watched it and am wondering if her parents know this video is out there, since according to 5pm news, theyre claiming to Grady that shes a perfect angel and not the monster they are making her out to be. With all of her claims in this video that her dad does drugs, her stepdad has touched her, etc...I think they wouldnt be too happy with her either if they knew this video was out there making claims against them. Maybe then, they wouldnt be defending their "little angel".

Old 10-16-2013, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdubose View Post
Oh this is the 14 year old with no remorse?! I thought it was the 12 year old since someone else said that....I watched it and am wondering if her parents know this video is out there, since according to 5pm news, theyre claiming to Grady that shes a perfect angel and not the monster they are making her out to be. With all of her claims in this video that her dad does drugs, her stepdad has touched her, etc...I think they wouldnt be too happy with her either if they knew this video was out there making claims against them. Maybe then, they wouldnt be defending their "little angel".
Yup, it's pretty obvious they don't know it's there, it'd be gone if they did know. What are the chances the police haven't seen it yet?

Old 10-16-2013, 04:15 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
My reaction was that we're going to be seeing more of these tragedies as long as:

-kids aren't reared to be kind towards others
-kids aren't taught that what others think of them isn't important, and that being called a name isn't the end of the world

-parents allow their kids to be iconnected for hours at a time, and to spend a ridiculous amount of time holed up in their rooms, at their computers, alone

-parents don't engage their kids in household/family activities. Remember chores? Memo to kids: forget the selfies and glam-shots, step away from the mirror, and pick up a rake.
I also wonder why kids this young and immature are allowed to "date" in the first place and where any of the parents were the whole time. Its like parents don't want to bother, they don't pay attention to what their kids do, they have no clue about their social interactions or emotional lives. They don't notice kids lacking empathy. Too often parents only want their kids to see them as cool, or as buddies. Setting rules is viewed as old fashioned. Realizing that age 12 or 14 is too young for "love" triangles is too much for many parents. Kids should be kids.

Old 10-16-2013, 04:22 PM

I apologize the pervious poster is right. The video posted on youtube is of the younger girl.

Accused: Katelyn Roman, 12, left, and Guadalupe Shaw, 14, right, were arrested and charged with aggravated stalking in connection with the death of Rebecca Sedwick

Read more: Rebecca Ann Sedwick suicide: 2 girls aged 12 and 14 arrested for stalking | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Someone found one of the bullies facebook page. Symbol is a broken heart.

Moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 08:24 AM..

Old 10-16-2013, 04:38 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,594,597 times
Ironic the two bullies are much uglier than the girl they bullied to death as "ugly".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events