Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 05:12 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtvatitans View Post
Because it's legal, that justifies it? It's still harming animals. What's the difference? And yes I am talking about people who do it for recreational purposes.
I don't agree with trophy hunting at all. But I do see a difference between a trophy hunting (legal) and torturing an animal just for the hell of it. Animal abuse is illegal, no?

Hopefully, the trophy kill didn't suffer it's ENTIRE LIFE while it served as bait in the fighting ring at the hands of some sociopathic human.

I will never respect Michael Vick. Why should you or he care?

It's hard to garner anyone's respect when one is known as an animal abuser.

I don't get why this is so hard to grasp.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2014, 05:45 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,988,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I don't agree with trophy hunting at all. But I do see a difference between a trophy hunting (legal) and torturing an animal just for the hell of it. Animal abuse is illegal, no?

Hopefully, the trophy kill didn't suffer it's ENTIRE LIFE while it served as bait in the fighting ring at the hands of some sociopathic human.

I will never respect Michael Vick. Why should you or he care?

It's hard to garner anyone's respect when one is known as an animal abuser.

I don't get why this is so hard to grasp.
Your logic:

Abuse for no reason < killed for no reason

And this is considering most of the abused animals were rehabilitated.

You can't rehabilitate dead animals killed while hunting but that's your prerogative to think what you want.

Old 01-28-2014, 05:49 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Your logic:

You can't rehabilitate dead animals killed while hunting but that's your prerogative to think what you want.
Why thank you. And it is your prerogative to defend Michael Vick all day long ~ carry on.

Old 01-28-2014, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Then he can go to a lower profile venue like a local community center in an inner city area to speak to some disadvantaged and/or troubled youth. This is a major keynote event for the city of Raleigh, so they have better choices. If it is controversial here in this small forum, just think what the news media will do with it as speech day gets closer. I don't know how it will help the city. I can imagine the regional humane society and SPCA are not too thrilled. They are rolling the dice with that decision.
That's fair. I think the issue with why he is chosen and how good of a choice he is lies with the city and what they decided.

Why would the regional humane society not be thrilled when he already is a spokesman for their national office?

Old 01-28-2014, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet*Tea View Post
Instead of throwing up everything you can think of (but the kitchen sink) why don't you stick to the issue at hand?. If you want to defend the felon then do so but quit being insulting by lumping everyone that disagrees with you together in the "walk on water" camp.
I have stuck to the issue at hand, which is if he's a good person to speak or not. Why don't you get on the people saying that they believe he should be hung and electrocuted by his male member parts. Is that really relevant? I find the majority of the people on here to be hypocrites, that is why I am pointing out certain points. I have never seen a more polarizing figure than Michael Vick. I have also never seen so many people who believe it's okay to continue to remind the world of something that a person did 7 years ago. I mean like really, this dude went to jail and had his life turned upside down. People act like he's the only person that has ever done this. Can anyone that is against this man name another person who has been caught dog fighting without search for it on the internet?

Old 01-28-2014, 06:06 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Because it's legal, that justifies it? It's still harming animals. What's the difference? And yes I am talking about people who do it for recreational purposes.
The fact is wild heards need control of their numbers.

Around us it is the deer that needs manage.....

Have you ever seen a six year old child after a deer has gone thought the windshield????

To be honest.......neither have I.

It was a closed casket service.

Old 01-28-2014, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
These threads and the responses always makes me wonder.
If Mike Vick was white would he receive so much hate?
I've been to illegal dog fights and there are Just as many white people there as blacks and Hispanics.
You must be VERY proud.

Old 01-28-2014, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Who is holding him as a role model? Does speaking publicly make you a role model?

Do you have the same problem with those who hunt as a sport?

To say you want him to go away and never be seen again, is SO SO IRRATIONAL on so many levels. You are angry at what he did, but you don't want him to be an advocate and discourage others from participating in the same behavior that he did?
Hunting for sport is legal and highly regulated.

Old 01-28-2014, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Your logic:

By killing a few......the rest of the heard has more food.

Old 01-28-2014, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Note to self: Don't respond. It's not worth it.
Quick note. You never responded directly to any of the points I addressed you with, you just picked up on a conversation I had with someone else. Deep down you know the truth. Take your ball and run home. You added absolutely nothing to this thread other than hot breath.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events