Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2014, 05:32 PM

4,204 posts, read 4,689,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyMemories View Post
I don't know why they don't. Someone on City Data (can't remember if it was in this thread, there are multiple thread on this missing plane) said that in American airports her passport was scanned. It doesn't take much time, either. But perhaps in other countries they just don't bother?

I hope they do so from now on. Apparently it is very common that many flyers are using stolen passports.
Passport is always scanned before printing Boarding Pass. In other countries, you cannot print Boarding pass at home for International Flights. Those people who do Check in at home have to again queue up for passport scan and baggage check-in. Once you have Boarding Pass, then your passport and hand luggage will be manually checked but not scanned again.
In India, you cannot even enter Airport premises without Passport and Printout of Ticket for International Flights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2014, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
CNN is reporting as Breaking News: Tickets linked to stolen passports for missing Malaysia flight were purchased by Iranian man, authorities say.
If those people used so much deception that they sent two Black Men as Italian and Austrian, then that Iranian man will not tell his correct name and nationality to Thai Travel Agent. He can be Iranian, he can be American also, who knows!!!!

Old 03-10-2014, 05:43 PM

Old 03-10-2014, 05:43 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,775,271 times
I don't know more then anyone else, but the information being leaked out is really, really starting to lean towards a coverup of sorts. Go back and click on the link someone posted here about the radar reports being altered.

If I was betting on it, a rouge military jet, with a terrorist pilot trailed the plane (as shown in the original radar report) shot it down and fled. They waited to shoot it down until it was in the "dead zone" where radar coverage transfers over.

Old 03-10-2014, 05:55 PM

26,654 posts, read 28,682,916 times
My husband's theory: hijack. He says if it exploded there would be debris. Switched everything off, transponders, radio, any form of communication. Anyone could have hijacked it, not necessarily the people who stolen passports. Could be in China or Russia, that's his theory and he's a plane buff. This is a real mystery.

Old 03-10-2014, 06:11 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times
I haven't read the other posts in this thread, but was listening to talk radio today and someone who is in the wireless industry said that when relatives call the cell phones of their loved ones on the plane, the cell phones ring. He said if the plane had fallen into the ocean, the phones would go directly to voice mail. Also, someone else called in who said that she was checking the flight reports for the Malaysia airline and it showed that the plane landed in China at 6:21 am. And then when she looked again, that information had been CHANGED and said "no information." She said she has a screen shot of it saying that the plane landed.

Old 03-10-2014, 06:16 PM

395 posts, read 546,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I haven't read the other posts in this thread, but was listening to talk radio today and someone who is in the wireless industry said that when relatives call the cell phones of their loved ones on the plane, the cell phones ring. He said if the plane had fallen into the ocean, the phones would go directly to voice mail. Also, someone else called in who said that she was checking the flight reports for the Malaysia airline and it showed that the plane landed in China at 6:21 am. And then when she looked again, that information had been CHANGED and said "no information." She said she has a screen shot of it saying that the plane landed.
My theory? Somebody may have just been lazy. I once lived and worked over there and employed a night guard service. They would come to work, write "situation normal" next to each time they were to conduct rounds, then find a quiet place to sleep.

Likely someone typed it arrived on time, as a sort of habit, before another set of eyes saw the mistake.

Old 03-10-2014, 06:22 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,509,755 times
I think either it was "accidentally" shot down by a missile and is now being covered up (like Flight 800) OR it was hijacked and landed in some remote place to be used as a weapon later. As crazy as it sounds, I'm leaning toward hijacking. Why is there no debris, no pinging locator, no distress signal, no bad weather, etc.?

Old 03-10-2014, 06:52 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
A Korean airliner southbound through the area reported debris in the ocean, but has anyone heard if that was confirmed?

Old 03-10-2014, 06:55 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,464,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
A Korean airliner southbound through the area reported debris in the ocean, but has anyone heard if that was confirmed?
From the last report I heard, it doesn't match to this missing jet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events