Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 02:20 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
All bystanders had to do is use their phones to call police. What's the matter with people?!
They were too busy filming and getting excited to watch the fight. Listen to them on that video. They are happy about it judging by their reaction. All this in front of some 2 year old. Talk about a ton of losers. The people filming are as bad as the loser attacker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2014, 02:24 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
He might try and sue me since the kid was in my employ, especially if I have deeper pockets than the kid. I don't know that he would be successful, but I imagine he would try.

I don't know where you've been, from everything I've ever seen, in this litiginous society of ours its those with the deep pockets who get sued, so yes, if an employee causes damage while he's on the job, the "aggrieved" will sue the employer. The rationale ( besides not being likely to collect anything from someone who doesn't have two nickels to rub together) is that the employee is representing his employer when he's working.
Just for the record, most people WOULDN'T sue others that are innocent, but we hear about the 20% that do. There are countless people that wouldn't blame someone that wasn't to blame. In a place like Miami, the percentage would be much higher of course or most of Florida for that matter, but in places like Ohio and Western PA many people don't sue everyone for nothing. Florida isn't a good gauge. Look at all the fake lawsuits against BP down there. They got their money from BP, but it was all a scam.

Old 06-28-2014, 02:25 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,763,991 times
Did even one of these people go to find a cop???

Old 06-28-2014, 02:28 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,544,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
So if you hire a kid to cut your grass, the neighbor says something he doesn't like and the kid hits him, should you be sued?

You sue the attacker, not the employer.

Yeah but McD has deeper pockets. Just like the Dodgers beating in the parking lot the dodgers owner has deeper pockets than the two thugs that did the beating of Stowe. Suing her gets you nothing. Suing McD'ees gets you a out of court settlement.

What of that was your wife and child getting pummeled. Would you want someone to intervene? I know I would.

Old 06-28-2014, 02:29 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
Where are the police when you need them? It's not like they're hanging out at the Burger King across the street. (Though sometimes they do.) People should have called 911 and reported an assault in progress, with a toddler being at risk. For their own safety, those making the call could have quietly walked around a corner.

Old 06-28-2014, 02:29 PM

624 posts, read 763,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I wouldn't say that. If the mgr. put a note in her file about a minor lapse on the job (forgetting to include the toy in the kid's meal), the employee may have feared that her job was put on shaky ground due to the reprimand. In this economy, people may be very stressed over keeping their employment. Not that that justifies anything, but it would explain the extreme reaction. And we don't know what kind of family background the employee is from. Was there domestic violence in her past? Was she a former gang member? It could be anything.
Well, IMO the best way to lose your job is to follow a customer out the door and then get recorded beating the crap out of said customer in front of the customer's kid, and then making terroistic threats against the child. All the while wearing the uniform of your employer.

That kind of behavior will get you fired, at least here in Ohio. Who gives a crap about this woman's childhood or her past? There is NO justification or explanation for behavior like this, other than the perpetrator is mentally ill and a criminal.

Old 06-28-2014, 02:32 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten Cat View Post
Well, IMO the best way to lose your job is to follow a customer out the door and then get recorded beating the crap out of said customer in front of the customer's kid, and then making terroistic threats against the child. All the while wearing the uniform of your employer.

That kind of behavior will get you fired, at least here in Ohio. Who gives a crap about this woman's childhood or her past? There is NO justification or explanation for behavior like this, other than the perpetrator is mentally ill and a criminal.
Well, of course. I was just saying, stress or some kind of history of abuse caused her to snap. Obviously, she wasn't behaving rationally. As I said before, I was just looking for an explanation for the behavior, not a justification for it.

Old 06-28-2014, 02:38 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
I'm really sorry I clicked on one of the articles.

Other headlines and stories that showed up:

LI Man drives teenage daughter to fistfight.

GA father leaves toddler in hot car after researching online how long it takes for a child to die in hot car.

Anyone who says society isn't going downhill has their head in the sand.

Old 06-28-2014, 02:49 PM

374 posts, read 492,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
I was wondering that as well.

Old 06-28-2014, 02:53 PM

374 posts, read 492,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
I'm really sorry I clicked on one of the articles.

Other headlines and stories that showed up:

LI Man drives teenage daughter to fistfight.

GA father leaves toddler in hot car after researching online how long it takes for a child to die in hot car.

Anyone who says society isn't going downhill has their head in the sand.
Totally agree. Sad for society as a whole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events