Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 02:02 AM

741 posts, read 914,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
You all have no idea what transpired before the filming began. I'm going to presume the officer's force was necessary until it's proven otherwise.
Yeah, because I'm sure you're a guy who takes a cool and objective position on police actions. I'm sure you're a real paragon of integrity there, or, you're just another cop who defends the bull**** of other cops because that's what cops always do, and year by year, abuse video by abuse video, you're all losing the support of the law abiding public no matter what you tell yourselves.

Page 1, Paragraph 4 of the "Book Of Police Misconduct Apologetics"

"When misconduct is caught on tape and is too blatant to be rationalized away, maintain that actions which must have occurred prior to filming are what justifies what is seen on tape".

Consistent as clockwork.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2014, 07:24 AM

2,865 posts, read 3,629,705 times
Just as bad as the beat-down that McDonalds employee gave that lady in NJ that had complained about her. Only the skin colors are reversed. Neither one deserved a beat-down. Both are bad. Both situations need to be investigated thoroughly and if warranted, the beaters need to be brought up on charges.

Old 07-06-2014, 10:26 AM

107 posts, read 122,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
Not a smart move, cops will do anything and everything to try to cover their tracks, it's best to get it on camera and then leave and report the incident. The cop could have easily turned on Diaz.
I agree. Trying to interrupt a law enforcement officer vs two guys fighting are two entirely different things. Regardless of how bad the situation is, you can be charged with interfering. The man who "helped" the cop was another cop. Video is about the best one can do under the circumstances. Some of these cops are just not capable of restraining themselves. They shouldn't be cops.

Old 07-06-2014, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
You all have no idea what transpired before the filming began. I'm going to presume the officer's force was necessary until it's proven otherwise.
My lieing eyes. The video is clear no matter what happened prior. The only reason for such a beating that I can figure is that he was trying to knock her out so he could cuff her and it looks like he almost got the job done. If that other officer had not shown up, he might have.

Old 07-06-2014, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Clearly she was a danger to herself and the motorists. He beat the snot out of her for her own good. He should get a promotion, and the keys to the city.
You know and I know that his actions were unprofessional and not according to their training.

Old 07-06-2014, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Probably a Iraq or Afghanistan veteran. And, no, I'm being serious here.
It's true. Law Enforcement officers who come back from experiences as a solder during war can become overly aggressive. It's hard for humans to leave those experiences behind, esp. if they were traumatic. Law Enforcement agencies should carefully re-evaluate an officer after returning from a tour.

Old 07-06-2014, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
Punching a defenseless woman when she is under your body and your control is absurd.

It's similar to officers that beat a guy after a car chase that knocked out the speeder from the car wreck, 5 officers jumped on the limp body already face down on the ground and started to beat him (his body was thrown out of the window). I guess you would see that as justified?
Kinda like a bunch of cops putting a hundred bullet holes into a car and killing both driver and passenger when the passenger had no control over the situation. Guilty by association I presume.

Old 07-06-2014, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
Yet another example of actions by the police that's just "misunderstood" (insert sarcasm).

Just once in one of the instances in which the evidence is glaring that law enforcement used excessive force, I wish the department would have the courage to say it was wrong and that they will get to the bottom of it.
Part of the problem is that, unlike most institutions, there is no fully, independent, investigative agency for police forces. Unless there's a claim of human rights violations, even the Feds won't get involved and the justice system almost always upholds law enforcement. Sure, you can point to exceptions but they are few. For any government entity to investigate itself is a sure way to get biased results esp. in a tight-nit community as law enforcement.

Old 07-06-2014, 11:08 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,454,776 times
They have had terrorist training from DHS. What to you expect when they have been trained to suspect the "terrorist" in us at first glance ?

Old 07-06-2014, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miticoman View Post
The mistake of a police officer involves his entire department,it's not a job for everyone, if a police officer makes a heroic gesture it will be remembered just for one day but... when he makes a mistake it will be remembered for a lifetime .
" per par condicio " it would be interesting to hear or read the report prepared by the police officer
It is, to some degree, unfair. But being a law enforcement officer is not for anyone and is definitely not an ordinary job. It's extremely human interactive. If I make a mistake in my job it's unlikely to be life-changing event for someone else. For an officer it can be. It's not an easy job by any means and requires a great deal of mental stability. No matter how you slice it, the officer in question obviously lost his cool. You can't go around beating people up just because your having a bad day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events