Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 04:44 PM

506 posts, read 326,743 times

Advertisements

The woman and the spoiled kid were being very bad.
Especially how she tried to go for the man angrily at the end.

What the man did was pretty funny, and it probably served as a good lesson. I thought (like some people above) that it would be even better if the man decided to give the apple pies to the well-behaved kids at that Burger King.

I don't really understand how the woman could expect the man to be nice to her by not buying all the apple pies. After all, she wasn't nice to the man (when she refused to quiet the child down and angrily told the man he had no right to tell her how to be a parent). Why was she angry when the man bought the pies? What goes around comes around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2014, 05:03 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
I heard this on the radio this morning and it seems like it's starting to really get around.

I'll admit, I laughed hysterically.
Lol! I love it!! Good for him!

Old 08-08-2014, 05:08 PM

4,876 posts, read 4,206,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I don't believe it, either.. However.. Taking the story as a 'what if'... While it's a, for lack of a better term, jerk move.. I'll bet that there would have been a whole lot of satisfaction that would come from doing it. Even if they did just go across the street and buy a pie elsewhere. But a GOOD jerk move.. lol

The part that blows the story is that the guy started eating a pie and the woman couldn't catch him.. That's where it loses me totally.. The whole story feels like one of those things someone thinks of after the fact.. "I should have done.."

Odds are, the first part, about the screaming kid and the PITA mother is likely true. From there.. It's the guys fantasy about what he did in some parallel universe.
I agree with you on that part. The story would have ended well just hearing her reaction to "no pies left."

I don't know if it's true or not, and if it is, it's probably greatly embellished.

My understanding of the reddit account is that he had a case of the "guilties". He may not have gotten the responses he wanted and deleted it. Who knows. lol

Old 08-08-2014, 06:15 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Yeah it didn't actually happen BUT it's a funny story and it will be "god's honest truth" to people soon enough. I mean, it's on the internet!!!!

Old 08-08-2014, 06:31 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,319,598 times
This could all be avoided by not going to busy fast food places.

Old 08-08-2014, 06:41 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
If the story is true, it was definitely worth the $23 to get back at the mom and her brat. How do I know? Because I get migraine headaches as well, and with that kind of pain (exacerbated by noise), it's a miracle he didn't get violent.

Old 08-08-2014, 07:20 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
I think what the guy did was brilliant ! I bet he ate all those pies while smiling like a loon !

My kids would have gotten away with that behavior for about 3 seconds, but they never were like that so I never had to do much to keep them in line.

Great story, I think I will go have a pie and celebrate.

Don

Old 08-08-2014, 09:49 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,509,755 times
I was at a restaurant recently with 2 or three families came in with some bratty, loud children that I tried to ignore. A few minutes later another family came in with 2 perfectly behaved children about the same age as the others. I actually leaned over to the mom and complimented her on such well-behaved kids. She thanked me and said they even behave that way at home. Some people are just lousy parents.

Old 08-08-2014, 10:03 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Talking *

He must really like Apple Pies!!

Old 08-09-2014, 12:16 AM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,251,442 times
A few days later, the same woman and kid went to the same fast food place. This time there were pies available, and they got one. When they turned around to leave, by coincidence the same man was standing in line. They walked right past him, but didn't even frown. They didn't even recognize him, because of how fat he was, from eating all those pies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events