Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 05:09 AM

1,339 posts, read 3,467,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutra11 View Post
Justin Bieber or Kim Kardashian?
I have to admit that my reply above was in jest, but some of you folks posting here are actually serious about this nonsense! While I do not believe in bad vibes, just the fact that you guys are wishing deaths of people who are loved by friends, families and more is horrible. You are plain disgusting and should be in a mental institution!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2014, 05:09 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
We've already had our three so far this month: James Brady 73, Robin Williams 63, and Lauren Bacall 89.

We'll have another three for the second half of August, any predictions?

Usually it's a politician with brain damage, a popular comedian, and an actress from long ago.

My picks are:

Hillary Clinton 66, Dick Van Dyke 88, and Doris Day 90.

I don't count Brady because he's not in the entertainment business, but your post is hilarious, you sick puppy.

Old 08-14-2014, 05:11 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I don't know if anyone mentioned him, but James Shigeta died just a week or two ago, so he was #1, with Bacall and Williams rounding out the 3.
Never heard of him. That doesn't mean anything. I never heard of Versace until he was murdered, but lots of other people did.

Old 08-14-2014, 06:30 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,275,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Never heard of him. That doesn't mean anything. I never heard of Versace until he was murdered, but lots of other people did.
I had to Google him, and I still don't know who he is.

Old 08-14-2014, 07:10 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
He died a while ago, though. They have to die within a week, or maybe even ten days, to count as a threesome of celebrity death. That's my rule, anyway.
are we suppose to count weekend and holidays and do they all have to be in the same month as someone else pointed that out?

Old 08-14-2014, 11:29 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,560,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten Cat View Post
Isn't Lauren Bacall number three? I thought Philip Seymour Hoffman was number one.
Uhhh Hoffman passed 6 months ago.....

Old 08-14-2014, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I don't know if anyone mentioned him, but James Shigeta died just a week or two ago, so he was #1, with Bacall and Williams rounding out the 3.
OK because I'm the future founder of the American Association for the Advancement of Asian Actors, I'll let this one be counted.

Old 08-14-2014, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
are we suppose to count weekend and holidays and do they all have to be in the same month as someone else pointed that out?
It should be within about 2 weeks of each other, IMO.

Old 08-14-2014, 11:33 AM

1,509 posts, read 1,796,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kutra11 View Post
I have to admit that my reply above was in jest, but some of you folks posting here are actually serious about this nonsense! While I do not believe in bad vibes, just the fact that you guys are wishing deaths of people who are loved by friends, families and more is horrible. You are plain disgusting and should be in a mental institution!
Somebody has to live and let die, we might as well guess who's next.

I wonder if Paul McCartney will outlive Pete Townsend?

The only surviving Beatles are the drummer and the bass player, and from The Who the only deceased are the drummer and the bass player. Coincidence, or conspiracy?

Old 08-14-2014, 11:46 AM

2,339 posts, read 2,933,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kharing View Post
If we're talking the "Hi, I'm Billy Mays....here to talk about Orange Clean" guy, it's even more pathetic and sad that they would put him in the same category as a star or celebrity. He wouldn't even be a D list celebrity.
I'm from the Netherlands and I know Billy Mays but I did not know Ed McMahon or Farrah Fawcett, who died at the same as Michael Jackson and Billy Mays. I wouldn't call Billy a 'D list celebrity'. Billy never got the attention he deserved because his untimely passing got completely overshadowed by Michael Jacksons death a few days earlier. I thought Billy was really great because to me he is the personification of everything America stands for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events