Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2014, 07:55 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times

Advertisements

The smartest and most mature person in that whole bunch was the 9 year old ! What idiot parent or what idiot instructor would allow a little girl that size to even touch a weapon like that ??????

I feel sorry for the little girl, she will have that event etched in her memory for the rest of her life.

Idiots, pure idiots !!!!!!!!!

Don

Old 08-28-2014, 08:29 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,606,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Stupid parents! Whats next for her...teaching her how to drive.
Or the equivalent, go karting. Which I might ad kills kids as well. A nine year old girl flipped over at a go kart park last year and died. It was considered a sad accident because it was not a gun.

Old 08-28-2014, 08:36 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Or the equivalent, go karting. Which I might ad kills kids as well. A nine year old girl flipped over at a go kart park last year and died. It was considered a sad accident because it was not a gun.
Or skateboarding or surfing or diving or bicycle riding or, or...

This tragic accident has become a fixation. It was an accident.

Old 08-28-2014, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
OMG...again, this park is not a typical shooting range. Again, it is billed as a "Machine Gun Adventure" for the whle family, ages 8 and up...you buy a package and each package comes with a variety of automatic weapons that they let you shoot. The parents weren't having the girl "learn a sport" it wasn't their guns....they like hundreds of thousands of tourists with kids before them, went there and paid and were handed automatic weapons by a place that was more than happy to take their $600 and told the parents it was fine for her to shoot these guns, that thousands of kids her age had been at their park and done this before and it's always been fine. The parents look around, and the place is plastered with safety inspections and state "ok"s to this theme park and what they do....I don't get for the life of me singling these parents out.

If you take your kid to an amusement park, and the kid has to reach the line to go on the ride, and he does reach the line....most people are going to assume he's safe on that ride....this place told the parents their daughter was "tall enough for this ride" so to speak and that it was fine for her.....but again alllll the blame is only being placed on this one set of parents, who only did what thousands of other parents did before them at this place? No one debates whether the place should have been licensed to give 8 year olds Uzis, just blame the parents so we can get closure and close our eyes, great.
It might have a safer track record than an ice skating rink but since guns are used it will be shutting down shortly. Kids get injured or die at amusement parks every year.

Old 08-28-2014, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post

What about the parent with a pool? Trampoline?
It's not like they left a baby in a hot car.
Accidents happen. it's sad but it's the case when living.

Old 08-28-2014, 08:46 AM

8,574 posts, read 12,414,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
No, the equivalent would be if they put the girl in an Indy Race Car for her first experience at driving--at 200 mph.

It's beyond ludicrous to give a little kid an Uzi.

Old 08-28-2014, 09:52 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
I agree with this, the girls parents may not have understood the power of the weapon. The instructor and owner of the gun range did know, and should have put a less powerful weapon in the girls hands. I feel most sorry for this girl, this was not her fault in any way, but yet she will live with the guilt. The video put on here by a previous poster also suggests that other gun ranges are much more careful about inexperienced folks firing automatic weapons. The video depicted the trainer standing on the gun side with a hand on the ready to control an automatic weapon that starts to get away from the shooter. I bet that gun range is more in line with professional standards. I find it sad that people out there are using this as a tool to demonize youth gun programs, youth shooting in general. This incident has NOTHING to do with the appropriateness of youth shooting, but instead has to do with a very poor decision by a state licensed shooting facility. No one should expect a nine year old girl to know how powerful that uzi is, nor should you expect her parents to know either. Most people have little contact with automatic weapons, so the reality is that this family was counting on the professionals at the range to know what was appropriate and what was not.

PLEASE! Stop making excuses for utter stupidity.

I have never driven a tractor trailer, but I know it isn't easy. And I know enough that if I climbed into the cab of one and attempted to drive it on the highway, it would not go well.

I don't need to attempt to drive a tractor trailer to know I couldn't just get in it and drive off.

Parents need to be told because they don't know it's not a good idea to a put an automatic weapon into the hands of a 60 pound child 9yr old child??????

Do they also need to be told not to let her drive the car?

Come on.

Old 08-28-2014, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmichigan View Post
No, the equivalent would be if they put the girl in an Indy Race Car for her first experience at driving--at 200 mph.

It's beyond ludicrous to give a little kid an Uzi.
Exactly, and as parent you should know this.

Old 08-28-2014, 09:54 AM

662 posts, read 1,049,241 times
I'm not really a fan of the theme of the shooting range. It seems a bit to violent and gun-happy in a bad way. Guns are tools. I'd have the same problem if some karate place starts saying, ''we teach you to break knees!". Especially with their Facebook postings which now seem to be partially blocked.

Old 08-28-2014, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post

This was as much of an "accident" as when parents lets their 16yr old drive around all hours of the night with a car load of teens and they lose control doing 90mph and they hit a tree and all die.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events