Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 11:37 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,168,172 times

Advertisements

Minneapolis Cop To Black Teen: 'F*** With Me, I'll Break Your Leg' (VIDEO)

"Plain and simple, if you **** with me, I'm going to break your leg before you get the chance to run," officer Rod Webber can be heard saying in the video. "I'm being honest, I don't screw around."

“Can you tell me why I'm being arrested?” victim asks.

“Because I feel like arresting you,” Webber responds.

The teens were eventually let go.

Another cop who needs a refresher course in citizens rights not to be abused.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2015, 12:50 PM

25,580 posts, read 17,298,699 times
Quote:
Hamza Jeylani, 17, said he and his three friends had just gotten finished playing basketball at the YMCA on March 18 when they were pulled over by police. Jeylani told MPR News the four made a U-turn when they saw police because they were hoping to avoid confrontation. The attempt failed.
Want to have a problem? When you see a policeman, just make a U-Turn.
You are going to be there a while.

Quote:
The Council on American-Islamic Relations called on the Department of Justice to investigate the incident last Friday.
Mohamed told MPR News that he no longer feels safe around police.
"Anytime I see the police I get scared," he said.
Oh, Thank GOD! there is a Council on American-Islamic Relations! Whatever would we do without them?

Mohamed is now afraid any time he sees the police? Tough. He brought it on himself.

Old 04-06-2015, 12:52 PM

19,809 posts, read 9,371,980 times
I think that it is just so sad that this cop evidently believed that he had the authority to say such things and was right to do so.

Old 04-06-2015, 03:16 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,137,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post

Mohamed is now afraid any time he sees the police? Tough. He brought it on himself.
So ... what did these boys do wrong to warrant this police response? Apparently they weren't violating any traffic laws since they weren't even ticketed.

Old 04-06-2015, 03:20 PM

2,573 posts, read 3,504,441 times
Quote:
even if it is legal

Old 04-06-2015, 03:30 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,878,541 times
The way these thugs act today, that's good advice.

Old 04-07-2015, 09:03 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,819,312 times
Quote:

Oh, Thank GOD! there is a Council on American-Islamic Relations! Whatever would we do without them?

On what planet do you live where you think making an illegal u-turn warrants being threatened with blatantly unconstitutional, extrajudicial assault/torture (ie, breaking legs)?

Are you really such an authority leg-humper that you fantasize about draconian force being whimsically meted out on the spot?

Old 04-07-2015, 09:15 AM

2,248 posts, read 2,350,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
On what planet do you live where you think making an illegal u-turn warrants being threatened with blatantly unconstitutional, extrajudicial assault/torture (ie, breaking legs)?

Are you really such an authority leg-humper that you fantasize about draconian force being whimsically meted out on the spot?
That pun at the end was so awesome! Haha.

And it doesn't matter to the apologists.

Old 04-07-2015, 09:17 AM

2,248 posts, read 2,350,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
The way these thugs act today, that's good advice.
The only "thug" in this story was the cop.

Old 04-07-2015, 09:36 AM

5,576 posts, read 8,002,110 times
Yes, and in the interests of a just society it's perfectly legitimate that we should obey people like that that give orders like that for our own protection or else, right? That's what the killer-cop apologists say, and in doing so they have all but admitted that the "heroes" they revere so much are in essence the same as a rapist, a wife-abuser, a mafia, or a gang of criminals, all of which demand "comply or die" and say "you'd be better off if only you didn't resist". Police, legitimate police, comply with the public's demand to "protect and serve" them, rather than demanding the public comply with their demand to "obey or else".

Quote:
Why shouldn't people make a U-turn if they feel like it? If he made a U-turn upon seeing any other kind of vehicle no one would bat an eye, and the occupant of the vehicle in question would have little ground to arrest him. Why should police be any different in this respect? It's at least as good a reason for the driver's behavior as "I feel like arresting you" was for the policeman. Considering what happened to him, in retrospect he had every reason to get away from this hostile person.

As far as I'm concerned people that want a society where police (or anyone) may prey at will upon drivers maiming and killing them with impunity because they feel like doing so after a petty traffic offense are nothing less than handmaidens of evil. These are the same types of people that do the menial work required of all predatory regimes in history and they exist everywhere, though they only pose a danger in an unfree society.

Offhand, I would say that we should rethink our traffic laws to minimize the risk of such encounters, in order to minimize both contact with the police and the pretext police have to brutalize people. If current trends continue we may have to think in a new dimension of "highway safety". Also offhand, drawing guns and arresting people for an illegal U-turn was completely without justification; if I recall correctly, the penalty for an illegal U-turn is a ticket and few drivers pose a threat to police in such encounters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events