Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 06:20 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times

Advertisements

how you doin'?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2014, 06:57 PM

2,222 posts, read 2,344,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches
Why, because I do not allow people to abuse my wife? If you do, I would say it is the other way around.

I am not going to insult you, but for my part, I am my wife's protector and if anyone tries to take liberties, I have a shovel, a Ford Ranger, and there is lots of desert in California. I will pack a lunch and make a day trip out of disposing of the body.

That is all.

Chuck Norris just got scared. Just a little, but yes he got scared.

Chuck would only be afraid if he wasn't driving.
He'd want to take own truck then drive a Ford Ranger.
He is a Ranger !

Old 11-24-2014, 07:38 PM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
The bottom line here is someone that grew up in a law abiding environment issued a tersely worded reprimand to someone that grew up on the streets.

I feel bad for the guy but it happens.

Eventually the other guy gets killed by another loser or some other calamity befalls him.

Old 11-24-2014, 10:20 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_show View Post
This occurred in the Tenderloin district, so you can assume who the suspect was. News outlets would be deemed racist if they make mention of race.
God; I watched a video on the so called tenderloin the other night. Filmed in ride along with drug abuse professionals looking for clients to check on their welfare. They showed what is commonly there apparently called the drug Zombies. The film looked like a scene from some B grade movie about Zombies taking over the world. Unbelievable is all I can think of.

Old 11-25-2014, 01:26 AM

111 posts, read 125,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
I once slapped around a neighbor who kept catcalling my wife (girlfriend at the time).

I introduced myself nicely and told him that I was her boyfriend and that he needed to leave her alone. At the time, he was understanding and didn't argue. But he did it again.

He was drinking with a couple of his pals out front when I got off work and she told me, so I walked over, slapped him, choked him and threw him up against a fence. He looked towards his friends like they were going to do something, and I told him if they took one step I would kill him then and there.

I next told him that there would be no more conversations, and if it happened again I would kill him and bury him out in the desert. His friend apologized and said: "he's and animal." I told him that he would soon be a dead animal.

Shortly thereafter I moved her in with me (she couldn't move immediately due to her situation, but almost). He never did anything again but while we were moving I went over and messed with him again just because I didn't like him. He's probably dead (one of those types) but if I saw him again I would beat his ass just for kicks.

I get a warm feeling every time I tell that one.

Point as related to the article...hit first and hit hard. Establish dominance. Guy should have picked up the nearest rock, went over and laid the catcaller out.
The stupidity of this position amazes me. You admit to assaulting a man on his own property and then threatening him again when he had done nothing further wrong just to feel tough. Then you think its fine to pick up a weapon and maybe kill him because your so tough. Buddy if you do that to the wrong person the only warm feeling you will get is the blood running out of your body after he shoots the crap out of you. Ever heard of castle defence, or even self defence. You threatened to kill the guy in front of witnesses so the second time you entered his property you would be a dead man.

Catcalling is bad manners but its not worth killing or dying for and if you think it is, well I hope you discover the error of your ways before you die.

Old 11-25-2014, 06:44 AM

1,935 posts, read 4,775,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_show View Post
This occurred in the Tenderloin district, so you can assume who the suspect was. News outlets would be deemed racist if they make mention of race.
Indeed. My wife has received comments easily deemed "salacious" and "catcalls" although I don't think they included wolf whistles. These inappropriate comments have all come from members of one race.

GUESS WHICH ONE.

Though most people are too ignorant to realize this, it's not racist to state the truth about how people of certain races tend to do certain things more often than people of other races, any more than it's "genderist" to say that people who go hunting are usually men or "ageist" to say that people who hang out at the mall are usually teenagers or very young adults.

Old 11-25-2014, 08:07 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,637,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcard342 View Post
The stupidity of this position amazes me. You admit to assaulting a man on his own property and then threatening him again when he had done nothing further wrong just to feel tough. Then you think its fine to pick up a weapon and maybe kill him because your so tough. Buddy if you do that to the wrong person the only warm feeling you will get is the blood running out of your body after he shoots the crap out of you. Ever heard of castle defence, or even self defence. You threatened to kill the guy in front of witnesses so the second time you entered his property you would be a dead man.

Catcalling is bad manners but its not worth killing or dying for and if you think it is, well I hope you discover the error of your ways before you die.
Yeah for real. I wouldn't ever catcall a woman but if some guy came on my property and threatened me like that he would, at best, wake up in the hospital with a long road of recovery ahead of him. Never threaten someone you don't know the history of.

Old 11-25-2014, 08:09 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,213,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Why, because I do not allow people to abuse my wife? If you do, I would say it is the other way around.

I am not going to insult you, but for my part, I am my wife's protector and if anyone tries to take liberties, I have a shovel, a Ford Ranger, and there is lots of desert in California. I will pack a lunch and make a day trip out of disposing of the body.
How will you protect her when you're in prison?

Old 11-25-2014, 08:12 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,637,605 times
As insensitive as it might be, this guy in the OP's story should've been extremely alert once the person crossed the street to follow them, and been expecting a physical altercation.

He also should have spent a minimum of 3 months in the most respectable Krav Maga gym he could find. He likely wouldn't have been stabbed at all, let alone 9 times. It's quite easy to disarm someone trying to stab you once you have practiced it a thousand times, they only stab you in a couple different ways, its quite predictable (its a overhead downward motion, a underhand/"uppercut" style stab, or more rarely a straight jab). Plus once you've done it a thousand times you don't even have to think or consciously act, it's muscle memory.

Old 11-25-2014, 09:55 AM

3,563 posts, read 5,376,145 times
Default Yes, I understand that

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortpes View Post
"I WENT TO TELL HIM TO STOP" fyi If you are in public and you engage someone in initial interaction and the interaction leads to deadly force then the fact that you decided to participate in the engagement affects your status legally.
And as soon as I get out of the hospital I intend to do something about it!!!
I just assume that EVERYONE that behaves like that is on meth or worse. Is there worse?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events