Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 08:33 AM

2,220 posts, read 2,799,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippyman View Post
And C-D apparently has a "large contingent" of boot-licking denizens.
We have our communist dupes too. You are here, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2014, 09:53 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,170,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickB1967 View Post
When it is based upon propagating A Big Lie, yes, I sure do. The thug's hands were never up and he never surrendered. Not ever.
Oh, you were a witness to the events?

You know just as much as those players do about the exact events that took place that day.

Therefore, my point still stands.

I think someone else mentioned it to me a while back, and I'm starting to realize it. The word 'thug' gets thrown around wayyyyy too much, and it seems to me it's used as a word to describe a certain group of people that won't get them in trouble, like the word many actually want to use would.

Old 12-08-2014, 12:36 PM

Rams player says he received threats after 'Hands up, don't shoot' protest

Quote:
Cook acknowledged to reporters Wednesday that he has received hateful messages on Facebook....When asked if he had received a lot of threats, Cook answered, "Absolutely."

Those thugs. Oh wait, we aren't talking about Michael Brown, we're talking about the good, law-abiding citizens of 'Murica - they can't be thugs.

Never mind, carry on.

Old 12-08-2014, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Oh, you were a witness to the events?

You know just as much as those players do about the exact events that took place that day.

Therefore, my point still stands.

I think someone else mentioned it to me a while back, and I'm starting to realize it. The word 'thug' gets thrown around wayyyyy too much, and it seems to me it's used as a word to describe a certain group of people that won't get them in trouble, like the word many actually want to use would.

It's called *forensic evidence*. The entrance and exit wounds are such that Mr. Brown *could not* have had his hands up. If we had an honest media, everyone would know this....

If you don't like the term "thug", blame the Hindus, whoe term Thuggee was from which the English word Thug was derived, or blame the late great Tupac Shakur, who glorified "the thug life".

Old 12-08-2014, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickB1967 View Post
It's called *forensic evidence*. The entrance and exit wounds are such that Mr. Brown *could not* have had his hands up. If we had an honest media, everyone would know this....

If you don't like the term "thug", blame the Hindus, whoe term Thuggee was from which the English word Thug was derived, or blame the late great Tupac Shakur, who glorified "the thug life".
Oh, of course.

I still have no problem with what those Rams' players did, because they stood up for what they believed is right. It's their 1A right, just as it is the 1A right for people like you to throw the word 'thug' around for any and every situation.

I'm not blaming anyone for the origins of the word, I just know the underlying reasoning *some* people use it when referring to certain groups.

Old 12-08-2014, 05:45 PM

91 posts, read 103,522 times
Being a Chicagoan, I can tell you that nothing that comes out of Ditka's mouth is of merit......

Not sure how he became a self-annointed commentator of our social ills....heck, he couldn't even handle Buddy Ryan!

Old 12-08-2014, 05:49 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,111,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Oh, of course.

I still have no problem with what those Rams' players did, because they stood up for what they believed is right. It's their 1A right, just as it is the 1A right for people like you to throw the word 'thug' around for any and every situation.

I'm not blaming anyone for the origins of the word, I just know the underlying reasoning *some* people use it when referring to certain groups.
Some people use the word thug to replace ******. They aren't fooling anyone.

My mom was a civil rights activist. I used the n word once after I learned it at a black friends house. She slapped me across the face and said " that word says a lot more about the person using it than the person it was directed at"

Old 12-08-2014, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post

My mom was a civil rights activist. I used the n word once after I learned it at a black friends house. She slapped me across the face and said " that word says a lot more about the person using it than the person it was directed at"
Exactly.

It gives the keyboard bad***es a tiny victory in their otherwise pathetic existence.

Old 12-09-2014, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post

OK, Commiecrats. Let me give you some more terms. Criminals. Goons. Robbers. Looters. Ground-and-Pounders.

You can't face the truth about your Saint Michael of the Swisher Sweets, so you cry "racist".

And that makes me think of some terms to describe you: Liars. Charlatans. Frauds. Con Artists. Parasites.

And also, Looters. In fact, the worst kind.

Old 12-09-2014, 11:01 AM

307 posts, read 224,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnynrat View Post
First of all, this is not what the First Amendment is all about. The 1A says that the government may not restrict the right of self expression by the citizens. It says nothing about whether or not citizens may be critical of other citizens based on what they say or do.

That said, I fully support their rights of the Ram players to do what they did.

However, I note that in so doing they exposed themselves as idiots. This shouldn't be too surprising as we're talking about a group of pro football players.

The "hands up, don't shoot' meme has clearly been demonstrated to be a fiction and not at all what happened in Ferguson. I fully support everyone's right to continue perpetuate this fiction. For one thing, it helps the rest of us sort out those with at least half a brain from the rest of the crowd.

Pants up, don't loot.
The First Amendment also has numerous restrictions on it that were added in years following its creation. So many people believe we have a carte blanche right of free speech. We do not have that. For example, you can be quieted/shut down if your speech incites a riot. The Rams coming out of the locker room on the field quietly held up their hands in support of what happened in Ferguson.

Pro football players have careers after football. They are not all idiots. Some may be abusive. Some may say stupid or ignorant things. Many are very intelligent. Sounds like people in a fairly normal life. We watched a couple of games this weekend and one of the players talked about getting a college degree. He wants to teach math. I'd like to be in his class.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events