Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 06:47 PM

266 posts, read 285,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I like what the CEO of Fiat Chrysler had to say about buying electric cars: "don't do it":

Fiat Chrysler CEO: Please don't buy Fiat 500e electric car | Reuters
"Don't buy a Chrysler product" is excellent advice no matter what the price of oil is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2014, 07:02 PM

1,935 posts, read 4,775,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galileo3210 View Post
Correct...at our current $2.75 US Average, that would be about the cheapest gasoline has ever been, inflation in consideration......

I'm not complaining..
The cheapest gasoline has ever been, adjusted for inflation, was in the late 1990's.

Inflation since then may have brought it up to $1.50. I guarantee you that inflation has not been 150% in 17 years.

Old 12-10-2014, 07:15 PM

5,772 posts, read 3,221,392 times
Gas prices have been low for all of ten minutes. If OPEC cuts production they go back up overnight.

I have a Camry hybrid. If gas goes down to $1.50 a gallon, I will enjoy driving almost for free.

Old 12-11-2014, 08:59 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,928,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camanchaca View Post
"Don't buy a Chrysler product" is excellent advice no matter what the price of oil is.
Seriously, that is a totally irresponsible position for a CEO to take publicly. He should be facing a no confidence vote.

Old 12-11-2014, 09:10 AM

3,046 posts, read 4,124,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Seriously, that is a totally irresponsible position for a CEO to take publicly. He should be facing a no confidence vote.
Yea right that will be the day they love him. He is making the company money. He has turnes Chrysler into a profitable company again.

Old 12-11-2014, 11:07 AM

2,491 posts, read 2,679,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
$8 billion of our tax dollars wasted trying to promote hybrid and electric vehicles..

And Three TRILLION dollars of our tax money wasted on wars in the Middle East to protect our access to oil.

Old 12-11-2014, 01:01 PM

6,701 posts, read 5,930,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
And Three TRILLION dollars of our tax money wasted on wars in the Middle East to protect our access to oil.
Exactly!

And as for the person who thinks $8B was wasted... Ye gods. The feds have a $3.6 trillion budget and probably hundreds of billions of that are wasted from year to year. Over paying suppliers and contractors, graft and corruption, too many federal employees doing too little work, too many handouts, etc. Complaining about $8B is like complaining about a little one-foot puddle in the road, while the next street over is two feet deep in water.

At least that $8B went back into the pockets of consumers who spent it on cars. What about Cash for Clunkers? Talk about a total waste.

Old 12-12-2014, 06:05 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,566,607 times
These rock bottom and still sinking gas prices are bad news for hybrid auto sales as well as the alternative fuel industry.

Old 12-12-2014, 06:56 PM

607 posts, read 761,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
Gas prices have been low for all of ten minutes. If OPEC cuts production they go back up overnight.

I have a Camry hybrid. If gas goes down to $1.50 a gallon, I will enjoy driving almost for free.
Great point...a duh moment even for me..

So true, you will still save money regardless of the price of gas with a high mileage/hybrid vehicle.....that much more in your pocket..

Besides, I still don't consider $2.85 "cheap", per filling up your car on a regular basis, especially for those that have to drive often.....

It is still that much more money in your pocket, so still far worthwhile to get something that saves on gas, unless you are independently wealthy and money is no object(and you have no social conscience)..

Old 12-12-2014, 07:02 PM

607 posts, read 761,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
Yea right that will be the day they love him. He is making the company money. He has turnes Chrysler into a profitable company again.
It was just taken over by Fiat....Chrysler is like a hot potato in the auto world, bounced from here to there...first the US, then Germany, now Italy..

Wait long enough and the Chinese might snap it up(I do not say that in jest)....

Fiat makes Masserati and Ferrari, so no surprise they are against hybrids and electrics, per those two gas guzzlers......still, I understand Chrysler is coming out with its own hybrids and electrics in 2015, so this CEO must really have no clue even what is own company is doing at this point...

Maybe he has consumed too many Italian expressos...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events