Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 01:58 PM

3,886 posts, read 4,534,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
This is in direct conflict with other sources.www.dogs bite.org is a good one.
Link didn't work... did you mean this?

Pit Bull Attacks - Advocating for Victims of Dangerous Dog Attacks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2014, 02:11 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,833,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
At least try researching information from the CDC and AVMA. At least their actual studies acknowledge the bias in reporting and identifications.

Old 12-30-2014, 02:23 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
if my cat were big enough, he probably would kill my entire family. but my dog would never do anything like that. i wonder what kind of idea this guy had regarding his dog's aggressiveness. i guess he didnt think he would kill him.

Old 12-30-2014, 02:25 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,673,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
Why is hard to grasp for pit bull apologists. I would not take in a baby wolf, a bear cub, a lion kitten etc and expect it to be nice and civil down the road. I don’t expect the same out of any pit bull or related mixes. The delusional keep telling themselves pit bulls are as gentle and friendly as a King Charles Cavalier.
Exactly. Pit bulls are terriers, and the blood lust is bred into them. You never know when something will trigger that prey drive and they will turn to killing whatever they are focused on. They are particularly dangerous around children.

Old 12-30-2014, 02:30 PM

1,723 posts, read 4,095,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbiloo View Post
A pit broke into my nephew's yard and viciously attacked his small dog while his young son watched, terrified. It was horrific and the child may never be the same again. Their dog had his muzzle torn off and one ear, the other ear is hanging. We wanted to adopt another small dog and all the shelters are full of pits, people on fb attacked me for wanting to buy a puppy, they said I should adopt an unwanted shelter dog, I retorted; "How come the shelters are chock full of pits if they are so loving and adorable and wonderful and the responsible pet owners have all been neutering or spaying their dogs the past 30 years, back in the day your local shelter would have 10-30 dogs on hand of ALL breed types, you COULD go down there and choose out a gentle loving NON PITBULL back then. Pit bulls are not loving and adorable and they should be outlawed.
I hear ya. I went to my local high kill shelter with every intention of adopting a dog so it would have a loving home and not be put down. The ONLY dogs in there were adult pit bulls, and frankly, they scared the crap out of me with their loud barking and massive muscles. I would never be able to control a dog that strong.

My neighbor had a pit bull which died a while ago. It was the sweetest dog going and would come over and sit with me to be petted. It loved playing with the neighborhood kids and was so gentle with them, but one day he brought home another dog and his pit mauled it to death. I love dogs, but I wouldn't trust a pit or a pit mix.

Last edited by Lauriedeee; 12-30-2014 at 02:44 PM..

Old 12-30-2014, 02:48 PM

16,552 posts, read 8,584,349 times
I cannot find the post saying the picture I posted of pitbull baiting(see below) might not be of pitbulls but another breed of dog.

Typical attempt to distract/deflect/obfuscate.
Those pictures are from a pro-pitbull website extoling the virtues and power of pitbulls.

The point is that unlike most other breeds, pitbulls were bred to ignore their own survival instinct and pain. Therefore it is harder to get them to disengage during an attack.

Old 12-30-2014, 02:51 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,887,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
a proper pit bull, which would look more like Spuds Mackenzie
Spuds is a Bull Terrier, not a Pit Bull.

Old 12-30-2014, 03:07 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,359,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardspock View Post
Alwaaaaays a knee-jerk reply from the uninformed. Do everyone a favor and read up on the facts from the experts. Or, you know, keep espousing factually vacant ideas based on fear and ignorance. It's your life.

Dispelling Common Myths About Pit Bull Terriers - SPCA Serving Erie County
Ooooh, color me impressed! That link shows they arent as "bitey" as other breeds. Big whoop! Chihuahua's might be more "bitey", but lets look at the damage they inflict.

Let me ask this: which breed kills the most people? Funny how they dont put that on the fact sheet. How convenient.

Id also like to see the ASPCA take those stupid and unreliable temperament tests and apply those to the dogs theyve tested that tested good that proceeded to go psycho later on. You know, those dogs that were "so nice before" and then decided to maul the neighbor's Yorkie. Or worse, maul their child or their owner.

Old 12-30-2014, 04:11 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,420,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
You blame the dog. ..without knowing the owner? That seems unfair and presumptuous. Trash is attracted to those dogs sadly and they are responsible for training this aggression into them, more so than other breeds. When is the last time you passed a drug house with a Lab or golden retriever out front?
You blame the owner, without knowing the dog.

Old 12-30-2014, 04:24 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,618,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
Sorry bout that. My phone doesn't post links to well. Or pics. That site I tried to link I found on Google. It has a lot of different studies and opinions on this. Some of what I found really surprised me. Breeds that have bad reps I had never even heard of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events