Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 10:50 AM

3,106 posts, read 3,989,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
The family's demeanor - especially the wife's - in the video is very jarring and inappropriate.

I also wondered why he was alone at home on Christmas while she was off celebrating with other people. Why the laughing and smiling during the interview? Not a sign of grief on her face - she even looks well rested! Add to that her conflicting stories to the police and public and I'd say something stinks in Denmark.

At the very least, that dog was living in a very dysfunctional environment. But there may be even more to the story.
Maybe she is in shock?
Maybe he was abusive and she was scared to leave and he needed dead and she never liked the dog anyway and both of them are gone now, and she's free to live her life? That would support the theory of mine on how the dog may have been raised and treated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2014, 10:56 AM

3,106 posts, read 3,989,345 times
Why are people so anti- Pit Bull?

Old 12-27-2014, 11:34 AM

2,438 posts, read 2,810,058 times
Quote:
The family's demeanor - especially the wife's - in the video is very jarring and inappropriate.

I also wondered why he was alone at home on Christmas while she was off celebrating with other people. Why the laughing and smiling during the interview? Not a sign of grief on her face - she even looks well rested! Add to that her conflicting stories to the police and public and I'd say something stinks in Denmark.

At the very least, that dog was living in a very dysfunctional environment. But there may be even more to the story.
Me too and I'm not a pit. There is so many inconsistencies here, I can see where it would confuse a dog on a DAILY basis. He probably went after the owner because of this woman. I despise people that keep everything in an environment confused and then you have someone that doesn't do anything about it. That's why he got attacked.

Old 12-27-2014, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
Maybe she is in shock?
Maybe he was abusive and she was scared to leave and he needed dead and she never liked the dog anyway and both of them are gone now, and she's free to live her life? That would support the theory of mine on how the dog may have been raised and treated.
Something along those lines.. agreed.

Old 12-27-2014, 11:35 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Maybe she is in shock?
Could be - who knows? All I know is that her demeanor and words aren't pointing toward a healthy, normal emotional response.

Old 12-27-2014, 11:36 AM

4,236 posts, read 8,140,233 times
Quote:
It the same reason people don’t want brown recluse or black widow spiders under their beds or cockroaches in their kitchen.

Old 12-27-2014, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Could be - who knows? All I know is that her demeanor and words aren't pointing toward a healthy, normal emotional response.

The report also said the officers had to use a stun gun on this dog after the attack because he/she was still in a psychotic mode. Pitiful to say the least.

Old 12-27-2014, 11:56 AM

25,568 posts, read 17,275,200 times
Quote:
In the police report, the wife stated that she had told her husband that the dog who mauled him needed to be put down because he was aggressive and unpredictable.

Also, this report says the dog weighed 85 pounds. Pit bulls do not weigh 85 pounds. Full grown, they weigh between 30 and 60 pounds. ...........
So why do you assume they got the weight right, but got the breed wrong? Could have been the other way around, assuming they did not bring in a scale and weigh the dog.

Selective credibility?

Seems like a lot of people are gleefully pointing out that the wife apparently did not care all that much for her husband.
So?
He was still killed by the dog. That's the point.

Old 12-27-2014, 12:34 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,298,103 times
Quote:
Just how long have you been reading these stories here in CDF?

Old 12-27-2014, 12:58 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,891,632 times
You can see a still photo of Fat Boy at 1:15. Looks more like a mix with a mastiff than an exclusively pitty breed. It has a drooly-dog mouth. TRAGIC: Indiana man mauled to death by his own pit bull “Fat Boy” on Christmas Day | FOX6Now.com

And that is why I would never get a pit bull, even though I find some of them perfectly adorable. I would love to adopt the puppy at 0:50 in the following video, for example, but I can't get past my fear that the dog would turn on me someday. http://www.examiner.com/article/indi...-for-christmas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events