Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2015, 10:02 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,093,051 times

Advertisements

so what should his punishment be? waterboarding with his own urine? OK so the reservoir was empty. But it shows a general lack of common sense.

San Francisco water manager caught peeing in drinking water reservoir - CBS News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2015, 02:18 PM

807 posts, read 898,409 times
That's just an outdoor uncovered reservoir, right? It probably collects its share of bird, animal and insect defecation on a daily basis. Rationally speaking, he hasn't done anything much worse than what we would expect from nature. Maybe he went ahead and urinated out there because he knows better than most other people how water is treated before it becomes drinking water. Knowing this eliminates the more extreme punishments from my book.

With that being said, it was certainly a very unprofessional and disrespectful thing for him to do. His suspension without pay is a good start but I'd say striking him from the short list of promotable people for a couple of years and also reducing his annual bonus for the year would be appropriate as well, depending on how exceptionally he performed his normal duties.

While I'm at it, it wouldn't surprise me if there's some skullduggery happening behind the scenes as various people jockey for that promotion.

Last edited by DriveNotCommute; 02-10-2015 at 02:19 PM.. Reason: fixed paragraph formatting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events