Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 08:23 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgrasshat View Post
Yeah, this guy wasn't doing anything other than endangering the lives of innocent bystanders to get his junk back.
Well, from the description of the chase, it wasn't some Jlywood, car flipping deal. The thieves were pulling a loaded trailer. Couldn't have gotten to hairy. He called the police, and it was the police that caught the thieves. The homeowner just kept up with them, and slowed them down, ending with their truck disabled and police, who he had to have called again after shooting the tires, found them with no trouble. Obviously, the guy didn't want to kill or maim anyone, and it doesn't sound like he even came close to doing so. Even in the chase.

The only ones who are at the crappy end of the stick are the thieves. Seems fair enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2015, 08:24 AM

506 posts, read 426,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
This man should get a commendation for assisting the police in catching the thieves and recovering his property by marking the truck with his shot.

IMHO - All thieves, break-in guys and thugs should be aware they could be shot and killed by their potential victims while or after committing their assaults. In my ideal world he would have been using slugs and aimed at the dumb thieves.
Yes, we should commend this dumb hillbilly for endangering the lives of innocent people so he could retrieve his junk.

If I saw this guy chasing the thieves that took junk out of his junk pile widely through the streets, I would have viewed him as the threat and terminated his existence.

Old 04-07-2015, 08:43 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgrasshat View Post
Yes, we should commend this dumb hillbilly for endangering the lives of innocent people so he could retrieve his junk.

If I saw this guy chasing the thieves that took junk out of his junk pile widely through the streets, I would have viewed him as the threat and terminated his existence.
"Dumb hillbilly?" Seems to me, he kept his head about him, kept police notified of where things were happening, and made a judgement call to disable the thieves vehicle, then let the cops handle it from there. He don't pursue, after taking out the tires, which shows he had no desire to take them at gunpoint, personally. Be just aided in the cops catching them, and left taking them into custody to the police.

Showed smarts, kept his cool, got it done, nobody hurt. This could not have been a super wild chase. If anyone was driving beyond limits, it was the thieves. But they were ball and chained. Literally. I highly doubt things got very edge of the blade. But don't let any critic facts get in the way of bigoted name calling and self grandeurization.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events