Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 02:50 PM

9,820 posts, read 11,536,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNA1 View Post
The media loves to create racial tensions because it SELLS.
Yep!
The Media Try's to make whites feel guilty( and Some Should) Try to make Black people feel ashamed(And Some Should)
The Angry White People and the disfranchised angry Black people Fall right into the trap
Look at the Increase Traffic on City Data's, Current Events section for proof
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2015, 06:31 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Yep.

Here, two scenarios were likely to happen:

Scenario 1: Kid steals gun, police are notified, kid flees with stolen (presumably loaded) gun, police shoot armed kid.

Scenario 2: Kid steals gun, police are notified, kid stops, drops the gun, is arrested and charged with illegal possession of a firearm.

Unfortunately, kid picked scenario 1 and paid the price.
Correct. Interesting how armchair quarterbacks are all up in arms over such a thing. Wonder how all these police attackers would react if someone pointed a loaded gun on them? Sure, they would just be cool. Yeah whatever. Here is a thought, stop doing things illegal and you won't get shot! Goodness!

Old 04-09-2015, 05:55 AM

922 posts, read 805,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbartek1974 View Post
My uncle, who's white, got shot in the back and killed a few years back for walking around drunk and then he fled officers when he saw them coming. Shot dead. No media attention. No lawsuits. No outcry. No marches. No racebaiting motivational speakers. No t-shirts saying "White Lives Matter". It wasn't even in the local newspaper in a city of 24,000 residents. I guess whites being shot dead by officers don't make the media any money.
But then White people are not as easily riled up and manipulated.

Old 04-09-2015, 10:01 AM

12 posts, read 17,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Sad another teenager has lost his life due to poor choices he made.
Correct. Choices, man, choices.

Old 04-09-2015, 10:06 AM

143 posts, read 133,683 times
I don't agree with the title that the newspaper chose for their headline but I also believe the police were in the wrong in this case. Police are only supposed to shoot if its in self defense and only if its life or death. Shooting somebody whose running away is not self defense.

Old 04-09-2015, 01:24 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
Most people who have a true ambition to go to Med School will arrive at a juncture where things start to get really "real" and the games and shenanigans come to end. In other words: they realize it's time to grow the eff up!

I don't buy, for a second, that this kid was trying to get into medical school. I suspect that since the "my baby was a good church boy and sang in the choir" explanation has worn thin with the world now, the next best thing is to make up a little line about him wanting to get into med school, or, whatever they think will redeem his reputation in the eyes of the public.
Even if the parents are significantly at fault for the way their child ended up leading to his (in most cases) death I can also sympathize with them. Good, bad or indifferent, they are still parents and even if they cling to a fantasy because that's all there is, they likely do so because they have to. To admit that their child was a low-life, gutter-rat thug would just be too devastating even if true.

Last edited by Curmudgeon; 04-09-2015 at 01:32 PM..

Old 04-09-2015, 01:31 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddSteel View Post
I don't agree with the title that the newspaper chose for their headline but I also believe the police were in the wrong in this case. Police are only supposed to shoot if its in self defense and only if its life or death. Shooting somebody whose running away is not self defense.
It doesn't have to be. If the officer(s) believe that the individual's possession of a firearm could be a threat to them, other officers or other citizens they are well within their rights to shoot.

Looking up the law might help you.

Former LEO

Old 04-09-2015, 07:37 PM

9,908 posts, read 9,579,736 times
Is it true that the man in South Carolina got shot because he ran away fearing he was being arrested for not paying child support? When i saw this, i thought uh oh, he is doing the scenario that i listed in earlier posts, they resist arrest and this gets them into trouble. One thing leads to another.. if he had paid his child support obligations, he would not have had to fear. the policeman stopped him because of a broken tail light. so whatever happened, he goes running. Policeman makes a judgment that now he has to stop the guy, and he tases him and shoots him. Video from the police car and a pedestrian happen.. Police officer in jail for murder.

I predict - officer will be acquitted, riots and lootings will happen. Summer is coming. Just watch.

Old 04-09-2015, 07:54 PM

1,397 posts, read 1,618,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
You sure some of that divide isn't coming from the bigots on CD who state that they refuse to live near Blacks, or mock their deaths?

And are you really going to judge MILLIONS of people based on your interactions with maybe the 100 Black people you come into contact with, or what you hear from the media/rap music?

"I no longer look at blacks the way I once did. Too many of them are low class, they suck off of the welfare system, to them crime is a way of life, many are violent criminals who think nothing of killing anyone (black or white), and family values to them consist of a Baby Daddy who makes booty calls occasionally (and their impregnated women think that is fine). And, as we see so often, violence is a way of life to too many blacks."

This generalized blanket statement could be said for most races of people.
No, that generalized blanket statement does not make sense applied to other races because other races aren't committing crime and living in poverty nearly as much as blacks, proportionally by race. Add thug music that degrades everyone and you wonder why blacks have a bit of an image problem? And it's not just white people who feel this way, Asians by and large feel the same.

Don't blame us for not wanting to live near ghettos or send our kids to subpar schools. Why should we be burdened with that? Because that is ALWAYS what happens when a neighborhood turns black. Look in the mirror before you start accusing people of being mean.

Old 04-09-2015, 08:00 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,962,294 times
Cape Cod Todd"You do the crime you do the time"

Correct!sc cop slager in custody - Bing Images

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events