Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 08:48 AM

4,236 posts, read 8,138,185 times

Advertisements

Unless the area has a huge gay population, I give it about three months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2015, 09:02 AM

3,515 posts, read 3,685,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
This will be an epic fail with self-respecting females. Our fight for equality rages on, but this really isn't what we had in mind. The only wiener we want to see in a restaurant is the one on our plate. More power to the owners, but most of us will dine elsewhere.

This is bound to become a hangout for young, giggling, ogling gay males. Straight employees will eventually quit. Gays will replace them. Before long this Hooters will be equated with the gay bath houses. I don't think the owner has thought this through, but greed and profit tends to cloud the vision.

I don't know, seeing as this is Dallas, this place could get quite popular with the wealthy cougar class, having a ladies lunch or a ladies night out....etc.....

Old 04-26-2015, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
So is this place catering to women or homosexual men? My guess it will be much more popular with the latter than women.

Quote:

Although the restaurant is situated in a predominantly gay neighborhood, Tallywackers is a place for any and every customer.
"While we are aiming towards the LGBT community as part of our audience, we are also expecting and welcome, a diverse clientele including women," a spokesperson told HuffPost.

This Hooters-Style Restaurant With Scantily-Clad Waiters Is About To Make Dreams Come True

Old 04-26-2015, 09:07 AM

625 posts, read 623,769 times
This is pathetic, embarrassing and likely to fail. Just a sad statement on the our country's current moral standards.

Old 04-26-2015, 09:08 AM

2,136 posts, read 2,311,574 times
Why on earth would I, or anyone, want to go to an eatery to see man breasts?

Old 04-26-2015, 09:09 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
Quote:
Unless the area has a huge gay population, I give it about three months.
This.

Wasn't this tried before back in the 1990s by somebody? Maybe it was a local Seattle thing, not sure. I know it flew like a lead brick though.

Old 04-26-2015, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBlue View Post
This is pathetic, embarrassing and likely to fail. Just a sad statement on the our country's current moral standards.

I really don't see the big deal, how is this any different from the vast amounts of breastaurants that have popped up over the past decade plus........someone has a business idea, they're running with it, if it is done well and there's a market for it, they will succeed, if not, they won't.

Old 04-26-2015, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK76 View Post
Why on earth would I, or anyone, want to go to an eatery to see man breasts?

Unless you are gay, a horny female college student or middle aged woman, you are not the target clientele.

Old 04-26-2015, 09:17 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,367,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
I really don't see the big deal, how is this any different from the vast amounts of breastaurants that have popped up over the past decade plus........someone has a business idea, they're running with it, if it is done well and there's a market for it, they will succeed, if not, they won't.
The difference is that women don't tend to ogle men in the same way that men ogle women. Not that women don't appreciate a good-looking guy, but but f you look at the women who go to see male strippers, they go in groups for a special occasion, they hoot and holler and try to embarrass their friends, They're not actually turned on. It's not really sexual. Some men will go to Hooters or strip clubs by themselves on a regular basis, and it is a sort of sexual release for them.

Something like this might work better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGcRz9jJJCU

Old 04-26-2015, 09:17 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,078,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
This will be an epic fail with self-respecting females. Our fight for equality rages on, but this really isn't what we had in mind. The only wiener we want to see in a restaurant is the one on our plate. More power to the owners, but most of us will dine elsewhere.

This is bound to become a hangout for young, giggling, ogling gay males. Straight employees will eventually quit. Gays will replace them. Before long this Hooters will be equated with the gay bath houses. I don't think the owner has thought this through, but greed and profit tends to cloud the vision.
Think abercrombie and fitch with the shirtless models. Straight males will avoid this place like the plague. Not sure how successful the place will be unless the area has a lot of rich housewives, gay community, single girls, etc....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events