Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Men, and men only, which fits your views of your situation best:
Circumcised but wish I wasn't. 24 11.59%
Circumcised and glad I was. 86 41.55%
Circumcised and could care less. 36 17.39%
Uncircumcised but wish I was. 4 1.93%
Uncircumcised and glad I am. 40 19.32%
Uncircumcised and could care less. 17 8.21%
Voters: 207. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 01:24 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times

Advertisements

This poll will be public and should only be taken by men.

The thread about the mother arrested for kidnapping her son to avoid circumcision has been debated in a lively manner.

It also prompted me to do this poll to see where most men stood on this issue.

The thread which prompted this poll:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/curre...cumcision.html

Old 05-29-2015, 01:30 PM

45,336 posts, read 60,512,994 times
Well, once it's done there's no undoing it.

There's likely a lot more layers to that mother kidnapping her kid, circumcision was likely just one component.

There was a time when it was done about 100% of the time, automatically. Now, not so much, but it's still overwhelmingly done.

Old 05-29-2015, 01:50 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,804,566 times
We chose not to circumcise our two sons, born in the 1990s, and do not regret it. However, while I think the benefits of not circumcising exceed the benefits of doing so, I do not think they do by a great degree, so it's not a major issue with me.

As of 2010, the circumcision rate of newborns in the United States was 58%, down from 64.5% in 1979.
Products - Health E Stats - Trends in Circumcision Among Male Newborns Born in U.S. Hospitals: 1979?2010

The rate varies widely by region. From the Dakotas to Pennsylvania, in most states it exceeds 75%. It falls off considerably in the West, under 25% from Arizona up through Washington.
Circumcision Statistics

It also varies between racial, ethnic, religious and income groups.

Old 05-29-2015, 02:05 PM

24,461 posts, read 17,203,514 times
I don't know how a man can answer this question because most circumcisions were done when they were babies so how can one tell if it is better to have foreskin or not?

I'd rather hear from women if they prefer the look of an uncircumcised fella and which would they rather have relations with, cut or uncut?

Old 05-29-2015, 02:13 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,754,282 times
I vaguely remember reading somewhere that regularly having sex with an uncircumcised partner could cause a woman to test positive for HPV (Human papillomavirus).

Personally, I find the look of an uncircumcised penis rather gross. It resembles an earthworm.

Old 05-29-2015, 02:15 PM

53 posts, read 54,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I don't know how a man can answer this question because most circumcisions were done when they were babies so how can one tell if it is better to have foreskin or not?

I'd rather hear from women if they prefer the look of an uncircumcised fella and which would they rather have relations with, cut or uncut?
I will probably get hated for this but I would rather have a guy circumcised. It would not mean I would not have relations with him, but given the choice, the circumcised look is much better.

Old 05-29-2015, 02:20 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
The question isn't which is better. It's not a comparison. It's how you feel about it.

A person could want to be taller, but since they weren't born taller, they can't compare but only assume what they want. This is what this question is about.

Quote:
I considered doing another poll about that as well, but I think one circumcision poll is enough for now.

I would like woman to chime in if they have an opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyGirl View Post
I will probably get hated for this but I would rather have a guy circumcised. It would not mean I would not have relations with him, but given the choice, the circumcised look is much better.
I've heard this from other women as well.

Old 05-29-2015, 02:20 PM

16,715 posts, read 19,402,710 times
Quote:

My husband is uncircumcised. You can't tell it when it is hard; it looks like a regular penis. It didn't affect me one way or the other. The next morning I was like, wow, first time for me, can you show me how this works? Also gave me something extra to play with.

He feels lucky about it, because the foreskin covers the tip of his penis, which means it's much more sensitive during sex than a man who is cut.

Old 05-29-2015, 02:31 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,026,358 times
I love being uncircumcised. It feels natural & feels more fun. Haven't had a girl run away in fear yet! But I believe that the increased lack of circumcision means that women will in time become more familiar with them & won't mind it too much.

Old 05-29-2015, 02:39 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,408,008 times
no need to circumcise

young men will probably figure out to roll back the elephant trunk during puberty

after a while the sensitivity should be gone and the anteater trained

right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics