Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2015, 03:13 AM

23,543 posts, read 12,517,887 times

Advertisements

Newly released video. Longer video of the first cars dashcam and the video from the second cars dashcam (the second dashcam vid is hard to see--second car is far behind the first and the windshield is foggy)
Directly beneath the top video there are three separate videos --the first is the short version which we've already seen, the second is a longer version from the first cars dashcam and the third is from the second cars dashcam.
OHP Releases Dashcam Video Of Fatal Shooting - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
As usual, as more evidence is released, the most vocal will become eerily silent or find another story to bring up.
You nailed it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2015, 04:02 AM

1,906 posts, read 2,037,851 times
Not much to say about this. Just because someone physically assaults a cop doesn't mean they deserve to die either. Last time I checked the sentence for that was something significantly less than death. Probably deserved to get roughed up some though.

It is plausible with the water there that the cop was indeed scared for his life if he had that guy on top of him.

What I would like to know is wtf was his partner doing? Looks like he froze for a bit then I assume he was running around the car to help (at least I hope).

Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
So far this year, 1 in 87143 police officers (14 of 1,220,000) has been killed in the line of duty.
1 in 828,311 Americans has been killed by a police officer (385 of 318,900,000).

A police officer is still an order of magnitude more likely to be killed than an American is likely to be killed by a police officer.
I actually count 15 by gunfire in the line of duty interacting with civilians (non-accidental). Looking at the full list (63 cop deaths in the line of duty) it would appear that due to all the heart attacks the police should fear cheeseburgers and donuts far more. No telling how many more died of heart attacks while off duty. Might be close between donuts and car crashes as to which kills more cops.

Also your 385 number is around 1/3rd of the true number but even thats a guess as there is no official count of civilians killed by cop. 2014 estimate was 1100.

Looks to me like a cop is far more like to shoot someone than get shot.

Old 07-11-2015, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanokie View Post
Not much to say about this. Just because someone physically assaults a cop doesn't mean they deserve to die either. Last time I checked the sentence for that was something significantly less than death. Probably deserved to get roughed up some though.
And, the trooper wouldn't have deserved to be drowned just for being concerned for the safety of others by making them get out of rising and rushing flood waters.

Quote:
It is plausible with the water there that the cop was indeed scared for his life if he had that guy on top of him.
Um, wouldn't it be 'plausible' that you would be scared if someone was sitting on top of you and trying to drown you by holding your head underwater?

Quote:
What I would like to know is wtf was his partner doing? Looks like he froze for a bit then I assume he was running around the car to help (at least I hope).
The second trooper never froze, even for a bit. He was holding the other brother when he realized that the first trooper was in trouble and immediately started to run towards the first trooper. He didn't fire his weapon until the shot was fired by the first trooper. He didn't know which one had fired the shot and that is when he opened fire. The first trooper must have almost been out of it if he shot at and missed the person who was sitting on top of him.

Old 07-12-2015, 12:58 AM

1,906 posts, read 2,037,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
And, the trooper wouldn't have deserved to be drowned just for being concerned for the safety of others by making them get out of rising and rushing flood waters.
No he wouldn't have. My point was directed at comments along the lines of "he got what he deserved" thought.

Quote:
Um, wouldn't it be 'plausible' that you would be scared if someone was sitting on top of you and trying to drown you by holding your head underwater?
Yes it does. Which is why I said it did in my original quote

Quote:
Quote:
The second trooper never froze, even for a bit. He was holding the other brother when he realized that the first trooper was in trouble and immediately started to run towards the first trooper. He didn't fire his weapon until the shot was fired by the first trooper. He didn't know which one had fired the shot and that is when he opened fire. The first trooper must have almost been out of it if he shot at and missed the person who was sitting on top of him.
I guess we watched different videos. The one I saw showed the partner pull out his gun and hold the brother, while jumping back and forth like he was trying to figure out if he should help his partner or hold the brother.

Then when he decided to do something he ran toward the back of the car down the passenger side while his partner was on the other side.

Old 07-12-2015, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanokie View Post
I guess we watched different videos.
That's obvious.

Quote:
The one I saw showed the partner pull out his gun and hold the brother, while jumping back and forth like he was trying to figure out if he should help his partner or hold the brother.
First you claim he froze (which I disputed), so now you claim that he was jumping back and forth trying to figure out if he should help his partner or not.

Neither is correct.

When the brothers walked up on them and N. Fisher grabbed the second trooper and started pushing him back, the first trooper gave a small hop as he pulled his gun out to hold the brother (after BF yelled to NF to "get him wet"). The movements by the trooper holding BF at that time were based on the movements by BF, along with using his left arm a few times while giving orders? instructions? He was focused on BF at that time, not on NF and the other trooper.

Then there were two loud bangs, which sounded like someone hitting the car with their fists or feet. Immediately, and in one complete movement, the trooper that was holding BF turned to look towards the rear of the car and, without stopping, continued to turn and then, without hesitation, walked out of view of the camera towards the passenger side of the vehicle.

Quote:
Then when he decided to do something he ran toward the back of the car down the passenger side while his partner was on the other side.
It's unknown if NF and the trooper were on the drivers side or at the rear of the car. Either way, the trooper that had been holding BF used common sense in going down the passenger side of the car. If he had decided to go around BF to go down the drivers side of the vehicle then BF may have engaged him as he was passing by, which would have cost the trooper time and could have cost the other trooper his life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events