Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2015, 11:26 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
It's amazing with all the resources we have, especially the internet, that people these days seem to be swimming in a sea of propaganda as opposed to serious thought. Once the Nazis used "the big lie" in the 40s governments all over the world took note. It's polluted our politics as seen in various ways: the global warming fraud being the most obvious one IMO.
The doctrines of both far left and far right, which are printed as the two schools of thought at odds in the US can only parrot what they have been told. That ends trickling down, and poisons the well. Honestly, the complete absolutisms I've been seeing here, just floor me. Blinders on, giddyup, Bess. We see this more , lately, with these race topics. As White relates to Black, and those alone. The line in the sand, which was more blurred 30 hears ago, in my memory, is stark and clear, again , now.

As you say, even with all the information we have available , now, so many just don't even want to know any more than they do. They are quite content to just hold the line, that was injected into their minds by whatever figure they chose to listen to. Be that parents, teachers, professors, some activist leader, etc. And here we are....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2015, 11:30 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
in junior high , I got bus to a black junior high school, 21 miles from the house, I lasted 18 months and transfer to a white junior high within three miles from the house. The black junior high was the worst experience of my life, still effects me 45 years later. It was the dumber down of education, going from a seven grade level to a fifth grade level. Education is the secret, not dumbing down feel good.
Well, I had a different experience. I went from an elementary school that was around 50% Black to a middle school that was around 95% White. My middle school experience was a nightmare, particularly because of the bullying and bad things that happened to me. That said, I look at my old middle school and the quallity of education was not that good. Dumbing down of education is not limited to Blacks.

I looked at the middle school I would have gone to had I stayed in that area. It was much better than the middle school I attended. The high school I went to was of poorer quality than the high schools I could have gone to. One school had an IB program and the other one had a magnet program. In my high school, ROTC students had to take a bus to another high school for a few years because we didn't have ROTC class rooms for a time. This was not a majority Black school(neither were the other high schools in the county I used to live in, but they had higher Black populations than the school district I was in). Moving to a school district with more White students did not automatically mean better education. It was actually worse quality than where I moved from.

Old 07-22-2015, 12:03 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
I wish people would stop bringing up WHITE slaves. The keyword is white. I can't tell an Irish from a German. Most whites are so mixed up with various European, they are just white. The Chinese did the smart thing and created their own businesses so they don't have to rely on white people. But they still didn't have white people set on a mission to create self hate in their race. Jews in the U.S. look WHITE.

Look at how Serena Williams has been attacked in the media. She's been called all kinds of nasty names relating to how she looks. This is again a result of white hatred towards black skin, black hair, black facial features. Obama has been called a monkey, ape, and every other name, even on this very board it's happened.

And let's not forget about Jim Crow. Both of my parents attended segregated schools. Let's not act like the whites who were enforcing Jim Crow aren't still around. Hell maybe you were even one of them. It's sad some white people prefer to sit in their happy little bubble and rather believe that hundreds of years of slavery, racism, and Jim Crow has just magically disappeared overnight. You keep believing that lie if it helps you sleep at night.
<---Racist

Oh boohoo, a long time ago, before you were born, blacks had it tough. So what? Whites have been enslaved and had the deck stacked against them. You know what? Even if there is "white privilege" do you think that just dropped out of the sky? No, the whites who founded and built this civilization where there was none earned that with their blood, sweat, and tears. Whites haven't been handed s**t through their entire history, anything we have now was earned by our ancestors through hard work, determination, planning, and yes probably a good amount of luck.

So stop whining and start building. The white race developed in the cold and harsh climes of the Caucus Mountains with no privilege, no advantages, nothing handed to them. They built Western Civilization. They built the New World. Blacks living in America today have it better than any other member of their race at any point in history. If you are unhappy with your station in life, build a new life. If blacks, collectively, are unhappy with their station in life stop burning down cities and start building cities. Literally no one is stopping blacks other than themselves. Stop whining, stop being weak and pathetic. Stop being victims and start being winners.

You whine and excuse make and just blow off the struggles that the Irish, Italians, and Chinese had when they came as if blacks today have it any harder than they did when they came to America. What is your excuse today? What is it? Microagressions? "White privilege" that is so subtle, so hard to detect by anyone other than crusading SJWs that it really doesn't matter even if it exists? The one thing I hate is weak minded people who act like they are perpetual victims. So many groups around the world face REAL struggle and turmoil, you live in AMERICA. We're a land of winners and you can either stop complaining and join in and your keep whining and stay a loser.

Old 07-22-2015, 12:19 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
White slavery did far more damage. It goes much further than just being enslaved. White people wanted black people to hate everything about being black. That's why kinky hair, dark skin, and big lips, and butts noses all have bad connotations around them. Whites sought to instill as much self hate in black people as possible. That's why they created the field and the house slave to further divide the black race.
Well that is nonsense.

You state opinion and a bad one at that. Millions of Whites have fought and even died for the rights of Blacks for a long time. Furthermore, we have a Black president who was elected by a majority White population. (twice) There is no other White majority where this could happen.

So this disproves your statement that Whites focus on hating Blacks. They don't. If you want to make yourself some sort of "victim" then you will need to find another way to do it.

Old 07-22-2015, 12:19 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,162,886 times
My white privilege came from my Dad teaching me to work when I was 10, expecting me to get good grades, chastising me and forcing discipline on me when I needed it, expecting me to go to college and work to pay for it, demonstrating discipline in spending, saving and investing himself. He got his white privilege from his Dad.

Old 07-22-2015, 12:20 PM

Quote:
I wish people would stop bringing up WHITE slaves. ....
No doubt because it's an inconvenient fact that you would rather not address given that it disproves all the nonsense being spun about an institution that ended in the USA 150 years ago. And let's keep in mind it was White people who fought to end it.

Old 07-22-2015, 12:24 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
My white privilege came from my Dad teaching me to work when I was 10, expecting me to get good grades, chastising me and forcing discipline on me when I needed it, expecting me to go to college and work to pay for it, demonstrating discipline in spending, saving and investing himself. He got his white privilege from his Dad.
Well as we learned from another whiner on this thread, many whites have "2 parent privilege" on top of their "white privilege." Man, does the unfairness ever end?

Old 07-22-2015, 12:29 PM

6,573 posts, read 6,740,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
The doctrines of both far left and far right, which are printed as the two schools of thought at odds in the US can only parrot what they have been told. That ends trickling down, and poisons the well. Honestly, the complete absolutisms I've been seeing here, just floor me. Blinders on, giddyup, Bess. We see this more , lately, with these race topics. As White relates to Black, and those alone. The line in the sand, which was more blurred 30 hears ago, in my memory, is stark and clear, again , now.

As you say, even with all the information we have available , now, so many just don't even want to know any more than they do. They are quite content to just hold the line, that was injected into their minds by whatever figure they chose to listen to. Be that parents, teachers, professors, some activist leader, etc. And here we are....
And....that's where critical thinking skills come in, or they used to. As you mention; it's more glaring when the topic of race comes up either on CD, or society at large. When I see someone say race is a "social construct" I get as far away from that debate as possible cause that person has no understanding of reality.

Old 07-22-2015, 12:43 PM

2,068 posts, read 2,924,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
how long do you get to play "the man is keeping us down" card....200 yrs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
oh yes they did, in 1650 during the lost of the scottish english civil war. scottish and irish was sold into slavery to work the mininig pits of the new york area. thousand died under hard labor.
I am all for wanting the Black race in America to function well in society, and become a successful group as a whole; already, that has been accomplished in many areas of the country, and the outlook for the race as a whole will only improve. All I was just doing was explaining why the situation for blacks is distinct from that of other groups often mentioned to have been oppressed within the US.

Old 07-22-2015, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yn0hTnA View Post
..... All I was just doing was explaining why the situation for blacks is distinct from that of other groups often mentioned to have been oppressed within the US.
Gays, Lesbians, Native Americans, Asians, Catholics, ethnic immigrants from all over Europe the entire South between 1865 & 1965 would all have a few things to say about that.

Yet it's only Blacks who continue to claim they can't make it in the USA for something that ended 150 years ago. It doesn't matter how many times it's said, nobody else is going to believe it these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events