Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2015, 05:04 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,472,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by threecats407 View Post
Had to smile yesterday. At a Dairy Queen about 7pm. The usual crowd of about 50 white folks after dinner of kids baseball games. Here in the lot is one black teen hawking some charity garbage. Two things struck me.
1-Whatever charity this is obviously sends the black kid into a 99% white upper middle neighborhood for one reason and one only. Pray on the white guilt disease.
2-I won't hazard a guess as to what the results would have been had one white teen been planted in a 99% black neighborhood hawking his charity among 50 black folks.
Racist? No, just a fact.

Well, if the 'one white kid's' name was Dylann...

But what a nice charity, to send the black kid into a neighborhood to pray. Maybe he's Mormon? They do lot's of neighborhood outreach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2015, 05:10 PM

73,019 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
that really bad since all the schools adminstrators and board staff are black, so if they got less material, they done it to themselves
Prove that they did it to themselves. Blacks didn't control the schools. They merely got what they were handed. And Black schools, which were ran by the county or city, were given 1/8 as much funding as White schools. And alot of qualified teachers weren't interested in teaching in the Black schools. When you're given 1/8 as much funding as another school, expect 1/8 as much results.

Again, tell me how bad schools under Jim Crow was the fault of Black people? Show me.

Old 07-22-2015, 05:13 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
Studies have proven that slavery is still affecting whites beliefs about black people today.

Legacy of Slavery Still Fuels Anti-Black Attitudes in the Deep South : Rochester News
It doesn't prove it. No Scientific Method was used. It's a opinion and it even refers to itself as a "working paper".

Old 07-22-2015, 05:15 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Not to mention some blankets infected with Small Pox given to Indian tribes. Your entire post makes me embarrassed to be American, and white.
I already addressed this, that was actually an accident - at first. People were unaware how diseases spread and gave the natives blankets out of genuine kindness - after some time, once they realized what was happening, they were like, hey... maybe we should continue this to get some of these people out of our way.

And yes - Europeans DID come here and build what we know of as America out of nothing. There were no major landmarks or cities built by natives, especially not in North America outside of what is now Latin America. The Europeans came here, found largely untouched land (with people of course), conquered, and united nearly the whole continent into this country - right or wrong, good or bad, they did it. The natives never united nearly as much of the continent as the Europeans did, to create what we have today. They spent a lot of time fighting one another - tribes to tribes.

Old 07-22-2015, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Except for one thing. Race was first and foremost the biggest factor in the South. Immigrants choose come here because they were looking for a better life for themselves. Their outlook on life was different. America was viewed differently to them. And eventually, they were accepted as White people.

Being a homosexual, well, one doesn't have to tell anyone.

Being Black, you stick out no matter what. And the history of Blacks in this nation as a whole, not a certain subset, but the whole, is different. The forbears of American Blacks did not come by choice. They came as chattel and most would remain chattel until the abolition of slavery. After that, things were made hard with Jim Crow laws and other measures against Blacks. Anytime it takes a Civil Rights Act for one to get the rights they should have had in the first place, well, there is a problem.

Most Blacks do not claim they can't make it. Why would anyone make such an irrational claim about Blacks, other than their own hate and resentment towards Blacks, and an inabllity to think rationally?

This, however, is what alot of Blacks are saying. Alot of Black Americans are saying that compared to other groups, it has been harder for them. Blacks have never said they can't make it. Many have said it has been harder for them to make it. Being Black is considered a disadvantage. I have a job. I know that I can make. However, I also know I had to work harder for a job compared to many of my White cohorts. My father is living proof that a Black man can make it. I also know he has hard to work harder to get as much. No one is saying Blacks can't make it. People are saying it is harder. If it was easier, then why do Blacks have a higher unemployment rate than every other group, even with education accounted for? Why is it that the unemployment rate for Blacks with a college education is as high as that for Whites with only a high school education?

No one said Blacks could not make it. People are saying for Blacks, it is harder. Yes, education helps. There are more college educated Blacks today than ever before. So one cannot say that there aren't Blacks who value education. However, what is the road for a college educated Black person compared to that for college educated individuals of other ethnicities?
Everyone says this about their demographic. And I disagree with your outright dismissal of the problems that Gays & Lesbians have faced and continue to face in the USA. The fact that they have to "hide" as you put it, speaks well enough about the issues they face.

So while you might believe this, most others don't. But here's something to contemplate. If life was completely fair, then we all would have a whole lot less. i.e. instead of focusing on false bogymen, focus on the positive and move on. Blaming Whites for whatever your situation might be, is going to get you nowhere.

Old 07-22-2015, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalbound12 View Post
I actually respect your opinion and you usually are pretty level headed when you debate. You don't really whine or excuse make, so I can respect that. That being said, I just fundamentally disagree with you that blacks have had it that much harder than any other downtrodden racial or cultural group since slavery ended 150 years ago. Nor do I believe that the slavery American blacks endured was categorically worse than the slavery that other racial groups experienced all the around the world since the beginning of time.

I agree that the "immigrant mindset" brings a desire that natives do not usually possess; however, American black culture is so backwards looking that it can never move forward. No one denies blacks have endured hardships and it wasn't right what happened, but everyone who had anything to do with those injustices is dead and it is time to move on. You can not move forward until you have moved on. Every race, every culture, every person has endured some tragedy or struggle in their lives, and those who cannot move on will stagnate and fall apart.
This is one thing to consider. Alot of these groups have not been in the USA as long as Blacks have. Blacks underwent Jim Crow for an additional 90 years. I disagree with your point because soon after slavery and Reconstruction ended, the Jim Crow laws came. Blacks did not have any say in where they could go to school, eat, live, or what they could do. Voting was basically made impossible for Blacks despite being USA citizens. Blacks were given the worst facilities compared to what Whites got when it came to schools. The reason HBCUs were founded was because Blacks were being denied entry into universities in the South.

Alot of ethnicities went through alot. That said, why did Blacks stand up and fight back? There had to be a very good reason for doing so. And if the underclass culture is backwards, then where did it come from? I've been reading some things by Thomas Sowell. When northerners were setting up schools where Blacks could get a good education, those northerners were being chased out during Reconstruction. Those schools were the best chance Blacks had to get rescued from a culture that was put on them during slavery. Alot of what is ghetto underclass culture derives from underclass redneck culture. This is according to Thomas Sowell.

Old 07-22-2015, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
White people don't have the same hate against Asians though. Look at the high number of Asian woman/white man marriage.
Hate is a strong word and to apply it to a population of ~200M people is beyond reason. As long as you believe that White people "Hate" then that is all that you will ever see.

Here's a tidbit for you. "Hate" takes time and energy and a lot of thought. Whites are not going to waste all of that on Blacks. There is nothing in it for them and they have better things to do.

Old 07-22-2015, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Everyone says this about their demographic. And I disagree with your outright dismissal of the problems that Gays & Lesbians have faced and continue to face in the USA. The fact that they have to "hide" as you put it, speaks well enough about the issues they face.

So while you might believe this, most others don't. But here's something to contemplate. If life was completely fair, then we all would have a whole lot less. i.e. instead of focusing on false bogymen, focus on the positive and move on. Blaming Whites for whatever your situation might be, is going to get you nowhere.
Well, prove me wrong. One can hide being gay or lesbian. All one has to do is look at a Black person and make judgments based on that. The two struggles are different.

Prove to me that I'm blaming White people for anything. Where did I say that I blame Whites for everything? As the state nickname of Missouri indicates, well, that is what needs to be done.

Old 07-22-2015, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, prove me wrong. One can hide being gay or lesbian. All one has to do is look at a Black person and make judgments based on that. The two struggles are different.

Prove to me that I'm blaming White people for anything. Where did I say that I blame Whites for everything? As the state nickname of Missouri indicates, well, that is what needs to be done.
You make claim about Gays having it easy so burden is on you to prove. If not, then you simply state opinion.

In regards to Whites, you say that things are harder for Blacks. This brings two possibilities.
  1. Blacks are not capable of being equal.
  2. Blacks have to fight against prejudices of Whites while other groups don't.
Obviously 1 is not correct, so you have to mean 2. Proof is in logic. Case closed.

Old 07-22-2015, 05:43 PM

50,795 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalbound12 View Post
That's too bad, perhaps you can move to Africa. You can be a self-loathing white there and you would never again have to contemplate the fact that great civilizations are built on the blood and bones of lesser ones that were defeated. In Africa you won't have to think about great civilizations any more because there are none to be found for thousands and thousands of miles.
I'm not at all self-loathing, I'm just not clamping my eyes shut.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events