Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2015, 09:38 AM

5,940 posts, read 3,578,306 times

Advertisements

Outrage in Paradise over police shooting of crashed drunk driver - CBS News

"Prosecutors announced they will not charge Officer Patrick Feaster for firing at a man escaping a wrecked SUV, but the shooting victim faces serious criminal charges. Feaster followed the driver after noticing him speed out of a parking lot with his headlights off. "

Driver rolls vehicle while drunk driving. Video shows Cop arriving at scene, as driver is climbing out of vehicle. Cop shoots driver and he falls back in the vehicle. Cop makes call on radio saying Driver refusing to get out of vehicle. First says he didn't shoot victim, don't know who did, then says doesn't know if he did, then says it was accident. Eleven minutes passed before Cop says he shot victim. Then claims it was accident.

Of course the guy was drunk, and the woman with him was killed in the crash, and he should face charges for that, but the Cop did not know that upon arrival. I guess that now, if you wreck your car,you can be shot at the whim of the first Cop that gets there. The Prosecutor says no charges will be filed, because the Cop said it was an accident.

Watch the video, and you decide if the Cop acts like its an "Accident." Then tell me its possible for a person not to know he just shot some one, and can look inside the Car afterward, and claim the driver is refusing commands to get out of the vehicle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2015, 09:45 AM

When will "Enough" be Enough. This could have been any one of us, not drinking and driving. Why would anyone approach a car involved in a wreck, with his gun drawn in the first place? Would I be prosecuted if I approached a Car wreck, and shot the Driver while he was getting out of the Car? Could I say it was an accident because I had a gun and was pointing it at the wreck as I approached it?

When do we stop these Police Departments from doing their own investigations and making their own determinations? It was bad enough to see all the Shootings of people where Police where called, but this is a whole new Level. Now everyone needs to be in fear of their lives if they have a car wreck, and the Police are called.

Who are these people in Uniform today? I don't recognize them anymore.

Old 12-19-2015, 10:03 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,829,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
When will "Enough" be Enough. This could have been any one of us, not drinking and driving. Why would anyone approach a car involved in a wreck, with his gun drawn in the first place? Would I be prosecuted if I approached a Car wreck, and shot the Driver while he was getting out of the Car? Could I say it was an accident because I had a gun and was pointing it at the wreck as I approached it?
We live in a shoot-first-and-ask-questions-later world.

Rochester man searching for an intruder shoots his granddaughter - StarTribune.com

GBI: Officer shot responding to wrong home shot by other officer | www.wsbtv.com

Deputy Mistakenly Shot, Killed Innocent Homeowner During Standoff: Sheriff's Officials | NBC Southern California

Homeowner shoots, kills teenager who mistakenly entered the wrong house - Salon.com

Bystander running from gunfire mistakenly shot by police | News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KUTV

Father Shoots Teen Daughter Mistaken for Intruder - Story

Homeowner mistakenly shoots at officers during medical call - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

Police mistakenly shoot 911 caller during manhunt

Retired Cop Fatally Shoots Own Son, After Mistaking Him For Burglar « CBS Chicago

Officer, man fire shots, mistaking one another for burglar

Old 12-19-2015, 10:24 AM

[quote=Unsettomati;42337161]We live in a shoot-first-and-ask-questions-later world.

The incidents that concern me are the ones involving Cops. These people are out on the street and can access anyone that's out there, driving, walking, running, or standing on a corner. Their crimes will also be attempted to be covered up, unless the information leaks out, and there is Public Outrage.

Some situations do not require a "Ask Questions First" scenario. Some clown climbing in my window is going to get shot first. Questions later.

Some guy that flips a car in my front yard is NOT going to get shot by me while trying to climb out of the car. I would help him, not shoot him.

Old 12-19-2015, 10:25 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,762,692 times
Hopefully when he gets out of the hospital and jail his new ride won't come with difficult directions as it will be quite impossible for him to get it out of the driveway.

Old 12-19-2015, 11:03 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,935,673 times
The requirements for becoming a cop and maintaining that position should be under review.

Old 12-19-2015, 11:25 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,091,678 times
How many threads on the same subject do we need

OP.. long thread already running

MODs... merge?

Officer accidentally shoots unarmed DUI suspect?

Old 12-19-2015, 11:42 AM

16,912 posts, read 10,607,257 times
It doesnt look like he put his hands up.

Old 12-19-2015, 01:29 PM

50,903 posts, read 24,404,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post

When do we stop these Police Departments from doing their own investigations and making their own determinations? It was bad enough to see all the Shootings of people where Police where called, but this is a whole new Level. Now everyone needs to be in fear of their lives if they have a car wreck, and the Police are called.

Who are these people in Uniform today? I don't recognize them anymore.
I quite agree. In the past 2 years, my view of law enforcement officers has taken a 180.

Old 12-19-2015, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
How many threads on the same subject do we need

OP.. long thread already running

MODs... merge?

Officer accidentally shoots unarmed DUI suspect?

Thanks for pointing that out, I looked but must have missed it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events