Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2015, 06:45 AM

422 posts, read 412,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
Maybe an 11 year sentence would stop others in the future from assaulting people over such trivial things---think so?
you would think that wouldnt you lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2015, 07:46 AM

2,508 posts, read 2,174,100 times
I agree that I hate going to Costco & seeing the way people act around the free food samples. It's like seeing pigs at a feeding trough - sickening.

Old 09-23-2015, 07:47 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
I can't imagine anyone getting punched over Nutella.
Ever been to Costco on a Saturday?

Old 09-23-2015, 07:48 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
OMG, its like a feeding frenzy. People bring their whole family and hover over each sample station like vultures. Ive had people slam their carts in front of me, blocking my path when they thought I was trying to get in fron of them for samples when all I was trying to do was get through to the next aisle.

Costco samples=Serious Business.
Ahhh, so you've been to Costco when Church or Saturday soccer is over! There are certain Costco's I try to avoid on certain days/times in the Phoenix metro due to the groups of "tasters"(aka piranhas).
I gotta say though, some of the workers putting out the samples are almost as bad at times.

Old 09-23-2015, 07:53 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
When I see those sample peddlers at Costco I turn my cart and move away. I hate how people act around free food.
I'm not a fan of how some act either. On another note, it's not free. Everyone pays to get in the door.

Old 09-23-2015, 08:04 AM

590 posts, read 714,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstick View Post
Wow, what a well thought out intelligent response.
It wasn't intended to be either one of those. It was meant to a be a frank post....is that ok?

Old 09-23-2015, 08:10 AM

590 posts, read 714,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I'm not a fan of how some act either. On another note, it's not free. Everyone pays to get in the door.

I beg to differ...I have watched, WATCHED people who clearly dont hold a membership walk into costco like they own the place and get food from the food court and then leave. You only need your costco card to make our purchases at the register. They dont check for card where I live...And when I say clearly dont hold a membership...I mean you can just tell. Like walk*mart shoppers vs. Target or Fred Meyer shoppers...

Old 09-23-2015, 08:19 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,822,779 times
WE need to go the way of Singapore. LiveLeak.com - Caning: corporal punishment in Singapore (Graphic)

Old 09-23-2015, 08:30 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crf450ish View Post
I beg to differ...I have watched, WATCHED people who clearly dont hold a membership walk into costco like they own the place and get food from the food court and then leave. You only need your costco card to make our purchases at the register. They dont check for card where I live...And when I say clearly dont hold a membership...I mean you can just tell. Like walk*mart shoppers vs. Target or Fred Meyer shoppers...
Oh please. Around here they do check cards at the door and Costco shoppers here run the gamut from seemingly well-off to non-English speaking third world immigrants (and several generations of their family)...and everything in-between. Working class people can scrape together $55 for a yearly Costco membership.

My husband and I have both a Sam's and a Costco membership and the clientele isn't all that different. In fact, shopping at Sam's is usually a more pleasant experience because there are more locations so they're not nearly as crowded as Costco. Our local Sam's locations also blow Costco out of the water in the fresh produce category...which is mostly what we buy. We usually only get big ticket items at Costco because of their return policy and slightly better selection.

Plus...at least in this state...you do not have to be a Costco or Sam's member to use their pharmacies. So yes, there are non-members walking around. And if Costco/Sam's REALLY gave a crap, they'd check membership cards at the cafe. The only time I have to show a Sam's card is when I'm checking out. They don't check them at the door, the pharmacy, or the cafe around here. At Costco, there's practically a velvet rope.

Old 09-23-2015, 08:30 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,683,966 times
I think the kid needs to perform community service and anger management courses using the fines he is required to pay and he needs to apologize to the victim. Jail is not the solution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events