Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 12:07 PM

21,475 posts, read 10,575,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Which is exactly what we did when ours were young. It wasn't because we were scared of what others would say, it was because we were courteous enough to not want to disturb others' evening out. Children have bad days, their behavior is not always predictable, their parents are supposed to be responsible enough to realize that and plan accordingly so that they are not a burden to others.
Oh please! So a couple can't go out to dinner with their children because it may disturb other customers? I agree if you're going to a four-star restaurant, but Texas Roadhouse? They actually encourage families to come there, with their line dances for certain songs and as another pointed out, sometimes they have people making balloon animals and such. It's not a classy joint.

There are places to go if you don't want to be around children at a restaurant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2015, 12:10 PM

1,739 posts, read 1,916,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderwall View Post
Seems to be a day and age where it's becoming the norm to direct one's anger at strangers. A crying 10-month old sets them off. Someone cuts them off on the highway, and it ruins their day. A person doesn't hold the door open for you, you get on social media and itch-bay about it. People do that when they can't work on their own real problems. It's so easy to pin it on a crying baby....get a life.
Actually, all of these things you've described are symptoms of overpopulation. Perfectly natural reactions to being crowded in everywhere you go no matter what time you go.

If you don't want people itch-baying about yet another intrusive noise than maybe you should campaign for less breeding.

Old 10-08-2015, 12:14 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Oh please! So a couple can't go out to dinner with their children because it may disturb other customers? I agree if you're going to a four-star restaurant, but Texas Roadhouse? They actually encourage families to come there, with their line dances for certain songs and as another pointed out, sometimes they have people making balloon animals and such. It's not a classy joint.

There are places to go if you don't want to be around children at a restaurant.
Oh, they can go out to dinner. But, if one of their children starts acting inappropriately then one of the adults needs to remove them from the restaurant until they settle down. That is what generations before you did. Your child should not be my burden. I took care of my children and did everything in my power to make sure they weren't a nuisance to others because I was the one who decided to give birth to them, not everyone else sitting in the restaurant. They didn't sign up to deal with my noisy child. I understood the universe did not revolve around me or my child.

Old 10-08-2015, 12:19 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,609,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by April R View Post
It was a 10 mo old baby. Calm down and get some perspective.
Believe me I am calm. How calm are you when you just called those women grumpy, antisocial, and high-maintenance, and basically said people should expect to put up with unruly children everywhere in public?

Yes, the baby is 10 months. That is entirely the point. A 10-month-old baby has no business in a raucous bar. If you don't give a darn about fellow diners, how about the fact that the baby was probably screaming because the loud music, drunk people, and general commotion was upsetting to him or her?

Old 10-08-2015, 12:19 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,932,122 times
Yeah, the mom shouldn't have brought baby brat with her. Way to disregard the world around you, lady. Next time keep your screaming spawn at home so others can hear each other talk.

Old 10-08-2015, 12:27 PM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,251,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
And how do we know they were happy sounds - because the mother said so?
How do we know the sounds were loud? Because this is the internet, and we saw it written, that the sounds were loud? Who actually used the word loud to describe the baby's sounds? Someone with more credibility than the mother?

The old ladies who complained might have been blaming all the sounds of the restaurant on that baby. That's just the way some people are.

Besides that, how can we blame the baby, in a loud restaurant, having to raise it's voice to be heard? Maybe it was trying to make an important point, and nobody was paying attention.

Old 10-08-2015, 12:30 PM

1,199 posts, read 1,553,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Oh, they can go out to dinner. But, if one of their children starts acting inappropriately then one of the adults needs to remove them from the restaurant until they settle down. That is what generations before you did. Your child should not be my burden. I took care of my children and did everything in my power to make sure they weren't a nuisance to others because I was the one who decided to give birth to them, not everyone else sitting in the restaurant. They didn't sign up to deal with my noisy child. I understood the universe did not revolve around me or my child.
This.

Old 10-08-2015, 12:33 PM

50,810 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:

People like you is why I'm terrified to take my children anywhere. I'd rather stay home and wait to go grocery shopping after 10 pm when my husband gets home, then have people like you judge my parenting because I had to take them with me. I'd rather risk being out alone at night. Thanks a lot.
Good.

Old 10-08-2015, 12:34 PM

19,841 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Quote:
You go out in public where there are going to be people with children, then blame those children for your CHOICE to go to a place you knew they were going to be at?

Pony up a couple more bucks and go to a fancy restaurant that kids aren't going to normally be at. Or go through a drive through and hide in your car. Buncha grumpy antisocial high maintenance grouches.
Wow, nice attitude.

Old 10-08-2015, 12:34 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
No. For the parents!!!
LOL, not only funny but true.

-------------------------------

RESPONSIBLE parents take care of the issue. I tried to rarely take my children, when they were in that young uncontrollable age, out to a restaurant; however, sometimes when traveling, it was unavoidable.

When my little ones started screaming, I'd first try to calm them down, but if that wasn't possible within about 15 seconds, I'd take them outside.

Usually, this was not a problem. Generally, it only takes common sense. You do NOT take a hungry child to a restaurant where they will be smelling food but not eating. If you are traveling, have snacks with you that they can eat after you are seated. The same thing if you plan to go out to eat. Another issue many times is boredom. Load a copy of Baby Einstein or something else on your tablet and have it available to lean in front of a napkin dispenser in front of them. There is also the issue with a tired youngster. If they are really young, bring in the car seat thing, put it by you and just keep a bit of movement simulating the car to help them sleep. You can also hold them in your lap with their head on your shoulder.

If none of that works, it's your duty as the parent to take them outside and walk around with them until they settle down. If they don't, request to have you food boxed up and take it with you.

It's not rocket science.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events